Features and Benefits
- Software tunable across wide frequency range (70 MHz to 6.0 GHz) with a channel bandwidth of <200 kHz to 56 MHz
- Phase and frequency synchronization on both transmit and receive paths
- Powered from single FMC connector
Product DetailsThe AD-FMCOMMS4-EBZ provides software developers and system architect with a single 1 x 1 transceiver platform that can be software-configured for wideband tuning as well as narrowband RF performance.
In the wideband configuration, the AD-FMCOMMS4-EBZ will operate over the full 70 MHz to 6 GHz tuning range of the AD9364, however, the RF performance expectations of this configuration must be tempered with the very wide band front end. It will meet the AD9364 datasheet specifications at 2.4 GHz, but does not over the entire RF tuning range that the board can support. Typical performance data for the platform’s entire tuning range is published within the board documentation. This configuration is primarily intended for system investigation and bringing up various waveforms from a software team before custom hardware is complete. The objective being for designers to see waveforms, but not being concerned about the last 1dB or 1% EVM of performance.
The AD-FMCOMMS4-EBZ can also be user-configured for optimum performance in the 2400 – 2500 MHz band. In this configuration it may exhibit diminished RF performance on tuned frequencies or programmed configurations, outside of this band. This configuration is primarily intended to provide RF engineers with the ability to connect the AD9364 to an RF test bench (Vector Signal Analyzer, Signal generator, etc.) and achieve its optimum performance. The AD-FMCOMMS4-EBZ is a high-speed 1 x 1 agile RF transceiver analog FMC module software-tunable over the 56 MHz to 6 GHz band.
Markets & Technology
- Instrumentation & Measurement
- Aerospace and Defense
RadioVerse: Concept to Creation at Lightspeed
- AD-FMCOMMS4-EBZ Board
- 8GB SD Card
- The AD-FMCOMMS2/3/4/5-EBZ Zynq and ZED Quick Start Guide provides some quick instructions (still takes awhile to download, and set things up) on how to set up the AD-FMCOMMS2-EBZ or AD-FMCOMMS3-EBZ or AD-FMCOMMS4-EBZ or AD-FMCOMMS5-EBZ (Wiki Site)