- Overvoltage protection up to –60 V and +60 V
- Power-off protection up to –60 V and +60 V
- Overvoltage detection on Source pin
- Known state without digital inputs present
- Low on resistance: 12 Ω typical
- Low On-resistance flatness
- 2 kV human body model (HBM) ESD rating
- Latch-up immune under any circumstance
- Vss to Vdd signal range
- ±1.8 V to ±2.5 V dual supply operation
- 1.8 V to 5.5 V single-supply operation
- 10-Lead 3x2mm LFCSP Package
The ADG7421F is a low voltage dual single-pole/single-throw (SPST) low on resistance switch that features overvoltage protection, power-off protection and overvoltage detection on the source pin.
When no power supplies are present, the switch remains in the off condition, and the switch inputs are high impedance. When powered, if the analog input signal levels on the S pin exceed Vdd or Vss by a threshold voltage, Vt the switch turns off and the normally high FF (fault flag) pin drops to a logic low. Input signal levels up to +60 V or −60 V relative to ground are blocked, in both the powered and unpowered condition.
The switch turns on with a Logic 1 input and conducts equally well in both directions. The digital input is compatible with 1.8 V logic inputs over the full operating supply range.
- Analog input/output modules
- Process control/distributed control systems
- Data acquisition
- Automatic test equipment
- Communication systems
- Relay replacement