14-Bit, 175 MSPS TxDAC® Digital-to-Analog Converter
The flexible power supply operating range of 1.7 V to 3.6 V and low power dissipation of the AD9704/AD9705/AD9706/AD9707 parts make them well-suited for portable and low power applications.
Power dissipation of the AD9704/AD9705/AD9706/AD9707 can be reduced to 15 mW, with a small trade-off in performance, by lowering the full-scale current output. In addition, a power-down mode reduces the standby power dissipation to approxi-mately 2.2 mW.
The AD9704/AD9705/AD9706/AD9707 has an optional serial peripheral interface (SPI®) that provides a higher level of program-mability to enhance performance of the DAC. An adjustable output, common-mode feature allows for easy interfacing to other components that require common modes from 0 V to 1.2 V.
Edge-triggered input latches and a 1.0 V temperature-compensated band gap reference have been integrated to provide a complete, monolithic DAC solution. The digital inputs support 1.8 V and 3.3 V CMOS logic families.
- Pin Compatible. The AD9704/AD9705/AD9706/AD9707 line of TxDAC converters is pin-compatible with the AD9748/AD9740/AD9742/AD9744 TxDAC line (LFCSP_VQ package).
- Low Power. Complete CMOS DAC operates on a single supply of 3.6 V down to 1.7 V, consuming 50 mW (3.3 V) and 12 mW (1.8 V). The DAC full-scale current can be reduced for lower power operation. Sleep and power-down modes are provided for low power idle periods.
- Self-Calibration. Self-calibration enables true 14-bit INL and DNL performance in the AD9707.
- Twos Complement/Binary Data Coding Support. Data input supports twos complement or straight binary data coding.
- Flexible Clock Input. A selectable high speed, single-ended, and differential CMOS clock input supports 175 MSPS conversion rate.
- Device Configuration. Device can be configured through pin strapping, and SPI control offers a higher level of programmability.
- Easy Interfacing to Other Components. Adjustable common-mode output allows for easy interfacing to other signal chain components that accept common-mode levels from 0 V to 1.2 V.
- On-Chip Voltage Reference. The AD9704/AD9705/AD9706/ AD9707 include a 1.0 V temperature-compensated band gap voltage reference.
- Industry-Standard 32-Lead LFCSP_VQ Package.
Data Sheet, Rev. A, 4/07
Comparable Parts Click to see all in Parametric Search
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Advantiv™ Advanced TV Solutions
Meeting Today's Digital Entertainment Challenges
Solutions Bulletins & Brochures
Digital to Analog Converters ICs Solutions Bulletin
Converters for 3G are Optimized for Cost, Size and Power
by Chris Cloninger, Analog Devices, Inc. (Planet Analog, 4/6/2006)
Designers Cast A Skeptical Eye On Mixed-Signal SOCs
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Didn't find what you were looking for?
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.