Features and Benefits
- 175 MSPS update rate
- Low power member of pin-compatible
- TxDAC product family
- Low power dissipation
- 12 mW at 80 MSPS, 1.8 V
- 50 mW at 175 MSPS, 3.3 V
- Wide supply voltage: 1.7 V to 3.6 V
- Adjustable full-scale current outputs: 1 mA to 5 mA
- On-chip 1.0 V reference
- CMOS-compatible digital interface
- Common-mode output: adjustable 0 V to 1.2 V
- Power-down mode <2 mW at 3.3 V (SPI controllable)
- Compact 32-lead LFCSP, RoHS compliant package
The AD9704/AD9705/AD9706/AD9707 are the fourth-generation family in the TxDAC series of high performance, CMOS digital-to-analog converters (DACs). This pin-compatible, 8-/10-/12-/14-bit resolution family is optimized for low power operation, while maintaining excellent dynamic performance. The AD9704/AD9705/AD9706/AD9707 family is pin-compatible with the AD9748/AD9740/AD9742/AD9744 family of TxDAC converters and is specifically optimized for the transmit signal path of communication systems. All of the devices share the same interface, LFCSP_VQ package, and pinout, providing an upward or downward component selection path based on performance, resolution, and cost. The AD9704/AD9705/AD9706/AD9707 offers exceptional ac and dc performance, while supporting update rates up to 175 MSPS.
The flexible power supply operating range of 1.7 V to 3.6 V and low power dissipation of the AD9704/AD9705/AD9706/AD9707 parts make them well suited for portable and low power applications.
Power dissipation of the AD9704/AD9705/AD9706/AD9707 can be reduced to 15 mW, with a small trade-off in performance, by lowering the full-scale current output. In addition, a power-down mode reduces the standby power dissipation to approximately 2.2 mW.
The AD9704/AD9705/AD9706/AD9707 has an optional serial peripheral interface (SPI®) that provides a higher level of programmability to enhance performance of the DAC. An adjustable output, common-mode feature allows for easy interfacing to other components that require common modes from 0 V to 1.2 V.
Edge-triggered input latches and a 1.0 V temperature-compensated band gap reference have been integrated to provide a complete, monolithic DAC solution. The digital inputs support 1.8 V and 3.3 V CMOS logic families.
- Pin Compatible. The AD9704/AD9705/AD9706/AD9707 line of TxDAC® converters is pin-compatible with theAD9748/AD9740/AD9742/AD9744 TxDAC line (LFCSP package).
- Low Power. Complete CMOS DAC operates on a single supply of 3.6 V down to 1.7 V, consuming 50 mW (3.3 V)and 12 mW (1.8 V). The DAC full-scale current can be reduced for lower power operation. Sleep and power-down modes are provided for low power idle periods.
- Self-Calibration. Self-calibration enables true 14-bit INL and DNL performance in the AD9707.
- Twos Complement/Binary Data Coding Support. Data input supports twos complement or straight binary data coding.
- Flexible Clock Input. A selectable high speed, single-ended,and differential CMOS clock input supports 175 MSPS conversion rate.
- Device Configuration. Device can be configured through pin strapping, and SPI control offers a higher level of programmability.
- Easy Interfacing to Other Components. Adjustable common-mode output allows for easy interfacing to other signal chain components that accept common-mode levels from 0 V to 1.2 V.
- On-Chip Voltage Reference. The AD9704/AD9705/AD9706/AD9707 include a 1.0 V temperature-compensated band gap voltage reference.
- Industry-Standard 32-Lead LFCSP Package.
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Tools & Simulations
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.