Micropower, Single and Dual Supply R/R Instrumentation Amplifier
The AD627 offers superior flexibility by allowing the user to set the gain of the device with a single external resistor while con-forming to the 8-lead industry-standard pinout configuration. With no external resistor, the AD627 is configured for a gain of 5. With an external resistor, it can be set to a gain of up to 1000.
A wide supply voltage range (+2.2 V to ±18 V) and micropower current consumption make the AD627 a perfect fit for a wide range of applications. Single-supply operation, low power consumption, and rail-to-rail output swing make the AD627 ideal for battery-powered applications. Its rail-to-rail output stage maximizes dynamic range when operating from low supply voltages. Dual-supply operation (±15 V) and low power consumption make the AD627 ideal for industrial applications, including 4 to 20 mA loop-powered systems.
The AD627 does not compromise performance, unlike other micropower instrumentation amplifiers. Low voltage offset, offset drift, gain error, and gain drift minimize errors in the system. The AD627 also minimizes errors over frequency by providing excellent CMRR over frequency. Because the CMRR remains high up to 200 Hz, line noise and line harmonics are rejected.
The AD627 provides superior performance, uses less circuit board area, and costs less than micropower discrete designs.
- 4 mA to 20 mA loop-powered applications
- Low power medical instrumentation—ECG, EEG
- Transducer interfacing
- Thermocouple amplifiers
- Industrial process controls
- Low power data acquisition
- Portable battery-powered instruments
Comparable Parts Click to see all in Parametric Search
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Analog Devices provides a line of evaluation boards designed to help users evaluate our instrumentation amplifiers in 8 pin packages. Access the user guide UG-261.
This user guide describes three generic evaluation boards that can be used to evaluate many of Analog Devices instrumentation amplifiers. For information on the performance of a specific instrumentation amplifier, see the data sheet for that instrumentation amplifier.
- 3 generic, easy-to-use evaluation boards
- Shipped with an assortment of Analog Devices, Inc., in-amps
- Solder in the in-amp to be tested
- Test pins already populated
- Decoupling capacitors already populated
- EVAL-INAMP-62RZ board: Compatible with AD620, AD621, AD622, AD623, AD627, AD8223, and AD8225 in SOIC or PDIP
- EVAL-INAMP-82RZ board: Compatible with AD8221, AD8226, AD8227, AD8228, AD8229, AD8421, AD8422, AD8428, and AD8429 in SOIC package
- EVAL-INAMP-82RMZ board: Compatible with AD8220, AD8221, AD8226, AD8227, AD8228, AD8236, AD8421, and AD8422 in MSOP package
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Didn't find what you were looking for?
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.