The AD9128 is a dual, 16-bit, high dynamic range, digital-to-analog converter (DAC) that provides a sample rate of 1.25 GSPS, permitting a multi-carrier generation up to the Nyquist frequency. The AD9128 includes features optimized for direct conversion transmit applications, including complex digital modulation, and gain and offset compensation. The DAC outputs can interface seamlessly with Analog Devices’ quadrature modulators such as the ADL537x Broadband QMOD series.
The AD9128 incorporates four high-speed serial data lanes reducing the interface connections between the DAC and its digital companion chip compared with CMOS or LVDS parallel interfaces. The serial interfaces are capable of receiving data with voltage swings of 200 to 700mVp-p. With 3 dB of typical receiver equalization, the receiver is capable of capturing data sent across 0 to 20 cm traces on an FR4 board. The AD9128 also features multi-chip deterministic latency capability, allowing multiple dual DACs to be in alignment with one another.
A serial port interface provides read/write access to on-chip registers. Full-scale output current is programmable over a range of 8.5 mA to 31 mA. The AD9128 operates on 1.8 V and 3.3 V supply rails.
- Wireless infrastructure
- Transmit diversity
- Wideband communications: LMDS/MMDS, point-to-point
- Small package size 8mm x 8mm footprint
- Fewer pins for data input word width with only Four JESD204A data lines
- Ultra low noise and intermodulation distortion (IMD) enables high quality transmission of wideband signals from baseband to high intermediate frequencies.
- A proprietary DAC output switching technique enhances dynamic performance.