- Dual Outputs Each with 2A Output Current
- High Efficiency: 19mΩ NMOS and 75mΩ PMOS
- Wide Bandwidth, Fast Transient Response
- Switching Frequency Synchronizable Up to 3MHz
- VIN Range: 2.25V to 5.5V
- VOUT Range: 0.5V to VIN
- VOUT Accuracy: ±1%
- Low Ripple Burst Mode® Operation
- Peak Current Mode Control
- Minimum On-Time: 25ns
- Safely Tolerates Inductor Saturation in Overload
- Shutdown Current: 1.2µA
- Precision 400mV Enable Thresholds
- Internal Soft-Start and Compensation
- Power Good Output
- Low Profile, Thermally Enhanced 12-Lead 2mm × 2mm × 0.74mm LQFN Package
The LTC3315A features dual 2A monolithic synchronous step-down converters operating from a 2.25V to 5.5V input supply in one package for space-constrained applications with demanding performance requirements. Using constant frequency, peak current mode control at switching frequencies up to 3MHz with a minimum on-time as low as 25ns, both bucks achieve high efficiency and fast transient response in a very small application footprint.
The LTC3315A operates in forced continuous or pulse skip mode for low noise or in Burst Mode® operation for high efficiency at light loads. The common buck switching frequency is 2MHz and can be synchronized to an external oscillator via the MODE/SYNC pin.
The LTC3315A can regulate outputs as low as 500mV. Other features include precision enable thresholds, a PGOOD signal, output overvoltage protection, thermal shutdown, output short-circuit protection, and up to 100% duty cycle operation for low dropout. The LTC3315A is available in a compact 2mm × 2mm LQFN package.
- Servers, Telecom Supplies, Optical Networking
- Distributed DC Power Systems (POL)
- FPGA, ASIC, µP Core Supplies
LTpowerCAD® is a power supply design program which selects power stage components, provides detailed power efficiency, shows quick loop Bode plot stability and load transient analysis, and can export to LTspice for simulation.
Design tools for the following parts are available in LTpowerCAD:
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.