- Low power HDMI v1.4a /DVI transmitter ideal for portable applications
- CEC controller and expanded message buffer (3 messages) reduces system overhead
- HDMI v.1.4a features
- Compatible with DVI v.1.0
- Optional embedded HDCP keys to support HDCP 1.3
- Video/audio inputs accept logic levels from 1.8 V to 3.3 V
- 150 MHz operation supports all video and graphics resolutions from 480i to 1080p
- Programmable two-way color space converter
- Supports RGB, YCbCr, DDR
- Supports ITU656-based embedded syncs
- Automatic input video format timing detection (CEA-861E)
- Supports standard S/PDIF for stereo LPCM or compressed audio up to 192 kHz
- 2-channel uncompressed LPCM I2S audio up to 192 kHz
- On-chip MPU with I2C master to perform EDID reading and HDCP operations; reports HDMI events through interrupts and registers
- 5 V tolerant I2C and HPD I/Os, no extra device needed
- No audio master clock needed for supporting S/PDIF and I2S
- Compatible with ADV9394 HDMI companion chip
- +5 V generator for Hot Plug detect in portable applications
The ADV7524A is a 150 MHz, high definition multimedia interface (HDMI®) transmitter with expanded CEC buffer. It supports HDTV formats up to 1080p and computer graphic resolutions up to SXGA at 75 Hz. With the optional inclusion of embedded HDCP keys, the ADV7524A allows the secure transmission of protected content, as specified by the HDCP 1.3 protocol.
The ADV7524A supports 3D video. The ADV7524A supports x.v.Color™ (Gamut Metadata) for a wider color gamut. The ADV7524A supports both S/PDIF and 2-channel I2S audio. Its high fidelity 2-channel I2S can transmit stereo up to a 192 kHz sampling rate. The S/PDIF can carry stereo LPCM audio or compressed audio including Dolby® Digital and DTS®. The ADV7524A helps to reduce system design complexity and cost by incorporating such features as an I2C master for EDID reading, and 5 V tolerance on the I2C and Hot Plug™ detect pins.
Fabricated in an advanced CMOS process, the ADV7524A is available in a space saving, 49-ball, WLCSP surface mount package. This package is RoHS compliant and specified to operate from −25°C to +85°C
- Cellular handsets
- Digital video cameras
- Digital still cameras
- Personal media players
- DVD players and recorders
- Digital set-top boxes
Additional support is available from your Analog Devices local sales. Information about obtaining licenses required for using HDMI and HDCP technologies is available from www.hdmi.org and www.digital-cp.com.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.