- 16-channel, LIDAR signal processor
- Frame rates up to 1.9 kHz at 50 MHz SPI clock
- Automatic gain control
- DC balance
- Ambient light cancellation
- Independent channel configurability
- Programmable timing controls
- Low power operation: <375 mA typical current consumption
- Low voltage supply: 1.8 V typical and 3.3 V typical
- Low data processing overhead
- 4-wire SPI
- 7 mm × 7 mm, 48-lead LFCSP
The ADAL6110-16 is a light detection and ranging (LIDAR) signal processor IC that supports simultaneous capture of up to 16 channels. Each channel is integrated with a 16-bit analog to digital converter (ADC) to measure the optical return signal. The ADAL6110-16 stores the captured waveforms to static random access memory (SRAM) storage. The data output readout and functional configuration of the LIDAR signal processor occurs over a 4-wire serial port interface (SPI).
The LIDAR signal processor features a dc balance control to reject signal offset and corruption due to modulated interference, eliminating the need for external dc cancellation circuitry. In addition, the LIDAR signal processor has a built-in automatic gain control (AGC) that modifies the gain of the system to ensure the signal of interest is automatically scaled to the measurement range.
The ADAL6110-16 simplifies the traditional multichannel LIDAR system implementation by integrating the transimpedance amplifier (TIA), gain and sampling stages, as well as providing the transmitter fire signal, all of which are managed by on-chip control logic. No external components are required between the photodiodes and the TIA interface of each channel in the LIDAR signal processor.
- Autonomous systems collision avoidance
- Corridor mapping
- Dynamic suspension and flight control
- Drone altitude monitoring
- Industrial distance measurement
- Mounted safety curtain systems
- Parking spot monitoring
- Blind spot detection
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.