- Four TMDS channels per link:
Supports 250 Mbps - 2.25 Gbps data rates and beyond
Supports 25 MHz - 225 MHz pixel clocks and beyond
Fully buffered unidirectional inputs/outputs
Globally-switchable 50 Ω on-chip terminations
- Three auxiliary channels per link:
Buffered and switched DDC bus (SDA and SCL)
DDC bus logic level translation (3.3 V, 5 V)
Buffered CEC bus with integrated pull-up resistors (27 kΩ)
Hot plug detect pulse low on channel switch
- 2 inputs, 1 output HDMI/DVI links
- HDMI 1.3 receive & transmit compliant
- Equalized inputs and pre-emphasized outputs
Fully flexible input/output mapping
Input terminations disabled for unselected inputs
- Input/output capacitance isolation
- Output disable feature:
Reduced power dissipation
Output termination removal on TMDS channels
- Single-supply operation (3.3 V)
- Standards compatible: DVI, HDMI 1.3, HDCP, CEC
- Serial (I2C slave) control interface
- 56-pin 8 mm × 8 mm LFCSP Pb-free package
The AD8192 is a complete HDMI™/DVI link switch featuring equalized TMDS inputs and pre-emphasized TMDS outputs ideal for systems with long cable runs. The TMDS outputs can be set to a high impedance state to reduce the power dissipation and/or allow the construction of larger arrays using the wire-OR technique. The AD8192 includes bidirectional buffering for the DDC bus and CEC line, with integrated pull-up resistors for the CEC line. The AD8192 is available in a space-saving, 56-lead LFCSP surface-mount, lead-free plastic package specified to operate over the −40°C to +85°C temperature range.
- Fully HDMI 1.3a transmit and receive compliant.
- Supports data rates up to 2.25 Gbps, enabling greater than 1080p HDMI formats with deep color (12-bit) and UXGA (1600 × 1200) DVI resolutions.
- Input cable equalizer enables use of long cables; more than 20 m (24 AWG) at data rates up to 2.25 Gbps.
- Auxiliary switch isolates and buffers the DDC bus and the CEC line, improving total system capacitance limit.
- Hot plug detect (HPD) signal is pulsed low on link switch.
- Manually or automatically switched input terminations.
- Front panel buffer for advanced television (HDTV) sets
- Standalone HDMI switcher
- Multiple input displays
- A/V receivers
- Set-top boxes
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.