MAX690-MAX695: Microprocessor Supervisory Circuits Data Sheet (Rev. 5)5/6/2015968K
Features and Benefits
- Supervisory Function Integration Saves Board Space while Fully Protecting Microprocessor-Based Systems
- Precision Voltage Monitor
- 4.65V (MAX690, MAX691, MAX694, MAX695)
- 4.40V (MAX692, MAX693)
- Power OK/Reset Time Delay
- 50ms, 200ms, or Adjustable
- Watchdog Timer
- 100ms, 1.6s, or Adjustable
- Battery Backup Power Switching
- Voltage Monitor for Power Fail or Low Battery Warning
- Minimum External Component Count
- Precision Voltage Monitor
- Low Power Consumption in Battery Backup Mode Extends Battery Life
- 1µA Standby Current
- Onboard Gating of Chip Enable Signals Protects Against Erroneous Data Written to RAM During Low VCC Events
The MAX690 family of supervisory circuits reduces the complexity and number of components required for power supply monitoring and battery control functions in microprocessor systems. These include µP reset and backup-battery switchover, watchdog timer, CMOS RAM write protection, and power-failure warning. The MAX690 family significantly improves system reliability and accu- racy compared to that obtainable with separate ICs or discrete components.
The MAX690, MAX692, and MAX694 are supplied in 8-pin packages and provide four functions:
- A reset output during power-up, power-down, and brownout conditions.
- Battery backup switching for CMOS RAM, CMOS microprocessor or other low power logic.
- A Reset pulse if the optional watchdog timer has not been toggled within a specified time.
- A 1.3V threshold detector for power fail warning, low battery detection, or to monitor a power supply other than +5V.
The MAX691, MAX693, and MAX695 are supplied in 16-pin packages and perform all MAX690, MAX692, MAX694 functions, plus:
- Write protection of CMOS RAM or EEPROM.
- Adjustable reset and watchdog timeout periods.
- Separate outputs for indicating a watchdog timeout, backup-battery switchover, and low VCC.
- Automotive Systems
- Critical µP Power Monitoring
- Intelligent Instruments
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Documentation & Resources
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Support & Discussions
Sample & Buy
See our Ordering FAQs for answers to questions about online orders, payment options and more.
Buy Now Pricing
(**) Displayed Buy Now Price and Price Range is based on small quantity orders.
(*)The 1Ku list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Please see the latest communication from our CCO regarding lead times.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.