Features and Benefits
- Low +1.2V Operating Supply Voltage (VCC or VBATT)
- Precision Monitoring of +5.0V, +3.3V, +3.0V, and +2.5V Power-Supply Voltages
- Debounced Manual Reset Input (MAX6361)
- Watchdog Timer with 1.6s Timeout Period (MAX6362)
- Battery-On Output Indicator (MAX6363)
- Auxiliary User-Adjustable RESET IN (MAX6364)
- Three Available Output Structures
- Push-Pull Active-Low RESET, Open-Drain Active-Low RESET, Open-Drain RESET
- RESET/Active-Low RESET Valid Down to 1.2V Guaranteed (VCC or VBATT)
- Power-Supply Transient Immunity
- 150ms (min) Reset Timeout Period
- Small 6-Pin SOT23 Package
The MAX6361MAX6364 supervisory circuits reduce the complexity and number of components required for power-supply monitoring and battery control functions in microprocessor (µP) systems. The circuits significantly improve system reliability and accuracy compared to that obtainable with separate ICs or discrete components. Their functions include µP reset, backup battery switchover, and power failure warning.
The MAX6361MAX6364 operate from supply voltages as low as +1.2V. The factory-preset reset threshold voltage ranges from 2.32V to 4.63V (see Ordering Information). These devices provide a manual reset input (MAX6361), watchdog timer input (MAX6362), battery-on output (MAX6363), and an auxiliary adjustable reset input (MAX6364). In addition, each part type is offered in three reset output versions: an active-low push-pull reset, an active-low open-drain reset, and an active-high open-drain reset (see Selector Guide at end of data sheet).
- Computers: Desktop, Workstation, Server
- Notebook Computers
- Palmtop Computers
- Pen Entry Palmtops
- Portable Patient Monitoring/Drug Delivery
- Portable Test Meters
- POS Terminals
- Printers and Faxes
- Programmable Logic Controllers
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Documentation & Resources
MAX6364 Reliability Data1/12/2023
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
See our Ordering FAQs for answers to questions about online orders, payment options and more.
Buy Now Pricing
(**) Displayed Buy Now Price and Price Range is based on small quantity orders.
(*)The 1Ku list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.