Features and Benefits
- Factory-Set Reset Threshold Voltages Ranging from +1.58V to +4.63V in Approximately 100mV Increments
- ±2.5% Reset Threshold Accuracy Over Temperature (-40°C to +125°C)
- Seven Reset Timeout Periods Available: 1ms, 20ms, 140ms, 280ms, 560ms, 1120ms, 1200ms (min)
- 3 Reset Output Options
- Active-Low Push-Pull
- Active-High Push-Pull
- Active-Low Open-Drain
- Reset Output State Guaranteed Valid Down to VCC = 1V
- Manual Reset Input (MAX6384/MAX6385/MAX6386)
- Auxiliary RESET IN (MAX6387/MAX6388/MAX6389)
- VCC Reset Timeout (1120ms or 1200ms)/Manual Reset Timeout (140ms or 150ms) (MAX6390)
- Negative-Going VCC Transient Immunity
- Low Power Consumption of 6µA at +3.6V and 3µA at +1.8V
- Pin Compatible with MAX809/MAX810/MAX803/MAX6326/MAX6327/MAX6328/MAX6346/MAX6347/MAX6348, and MAX6711/MAX6712/MAX6713
- Tiny 3-Pin/4-Pin SC70 and 6-Pin µDFN Packages
- AEC-Q100 Qualified, Refer to Ordering Information for the Specific /V Trim Version
The MAX6381–MAX6390 microprocessor (µP) supervisory circuits monitor power-supply voltages from +1.8V to +5.0V while consuming only 3µA of supply current at +1.8V. Whenever VCC falls below the factory-set reset thresholds, the reset output asserts and remains asserted for a minimum reset timeout period after VCC rises above the reset threshold. Reset thresholds are available from +1.58V to +4.63V, in approximately 100mV increments. Seven minimum reset timeout delays ranging from 1ms to 1200ms are available.
The MAX6381/MAX6384/MAX6387 have a push-pull active-low reset output. The MAX6382/MAX6385/MAX6388 have a push-pull active-high reset output, and the MAX6383/MAX6386/MAX6389/MAX6390 have an open-drain active-low reset output. The MAX6384/MAX6385/MAX6386 also feature a debounced manual reset input (with internal pullup resistor). The MAX6387/MAX6388/MAX6389 have an auxiliary input for monitoring a second voltage. The MAX6390 offers a manual reset input with a longer VCC reset timeout period (1120ms or 1200ms) and a shorter manual reset timeout (140ms or 150ms).
The MAX6381/MAX6382/MAX6383 are available in 3-pin SC70 and 6-pin µDFN packages and the MAX6384–MAX6390 are available in 4-pin SC70 and 6-pin µDFN packages.
- Critical µP and µC Power Monitoring
- Dual Voltage Systems
- Intelligent Instruments
- Portable Battery-Powered Equipment
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Documentation & Resources
MAX6386 Reliability Data1/12/2023127K
MAX6386 Companion Parts
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Support & Discussions
Sample & Buy
See our Ordering FAQs for answers to questions about online orders, payment options and more.
Buy Now Pricing
(**) Displayed Buy Now Price and Price Range is based on small quantity orders.
(*)The 1Ku list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Please see the latest communication from our CCO regarding lead times.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.