MAX6369-MAX6374: Pin-Selectable Watchdog Timers Data Sheet (Rev. 9)4/24/2018731K
Features and Benefits
- Precision Watchdog Timer for Critical µP Applications
- Pin-Selectable Watchdog Timeout Periods
- Pin-Selectable Watchdog Startup Delay Periods
- Ability to Change Watchdog Timing Characteristics Without Power Cycling
- Open-Drain or Push-Pull Pulsed Active-Low Watchdog Output
- Watchdog Timer Disable Feature
- +2.5V to +5.5V Operating Voltage
- 8µA Low Supply Current
- No External Components Required
- Miniature 8-Pin SOT23 Package
- AEC-Q100 Qualified (MAX6369KA/V+ and MAX6374KA/V+ Only)
The MAX6369–MAX6374 are pin-selectable watchdog timers that supervise microprocessor (µP) activity and signal when a system is operating improperly. During normal operation, the microprocessor should repeatedly toggle the watchdog input (WDI) before the selected watchdog timeout period elapses to demonstrate that the system is processing code properly. If the µP does not provide a valid watchdog input transition before the timeout period expires, the supervisor asserts a watchdog (active-low WDO) output to signal that the system is not executing the desired instructions within the expected time frame. The watchdog output pulse can be used to reset the µP or interrupt the system to warn of processing errors.
The MAX6369–MAX6374 are flexible watchdog timer supervisors that can increase system reliability through notification of code execution errors. The family offers several pin-selectable watchdog timing options to match a wide range of system timing applications:
- Watchdog startup delay: provides an initial delay before the watchdog timer is started.
- Watchdog timeout period: normal operating watchdog timeout period after the initial startup delay.
- Watchdog output/timing options: open drain (100ms) or push-pull (1ms).
- Critical µP and Microcontroller (µC) Monitoring
- Embedded Control Systems
- Industrial Controllers
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Documentation & Resources
MAX6371 Reliability Data1/12/202326K
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Support & Discussions
Sample & Buy
See our Ordering FAQs for answers to questions about online orders, payment options and more.
Buy Now Pricing
(**) Displayed Buy Now Price and Price Range is based on small quantity orders.
(*)The 1Ku list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Please see the latest communication from our CCO regarding lead times.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.