Product Lifecycle Obsolete
The models in this product family are no longer available.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The MAX5919A evaluation kit (EV kit) is a fully assembled and tested surface-mount dual hot-swap controller circuit board that provides current-limiting and VariableSpeed/BiLevel fault protection. The circuit uses a MAX5919A IC in a 16-pin QSOP package and is configurable for a 1.0V to 13.2V input range. The MAX5919A features autoretry and output undervoltage and overvoltage monitoring.
The EV kit is configured for 5V and 1.8V inputs. Both inputs are configured for up to 10A of output current. The MAX5919A controls two N-channel MOSFETs and provides current regulation during startup for both inputs. Several configurations allow the MAX5919A IC's unique current-regulation architecture to be tailored to the application. The current-limiting and short-circuit protection features are configurable and demonstrate the various features of the MAX5919A.
The EV kit features several configurations for the startup timer setting, current limit, and output voltage monitoring. The EV kit also provides independent turn-on delays for the outputs. The EV kit can also be used to evaluate other versions of the MAX5918 or MAX5919 after replacing the MAX5919A.
- Base-Station Line Cards
- Hot Plug-In Daughter Cards RAID
- Network Hubs, Switches, Routers
- Portable Computer Device Bays (Docking Stations)
- Power-Supply Sequencing
- Solid-State Circuit Breakers
Features & Benefits
- Input Voltage:
- 5V, VIN1 (As Configured)
- 1.8V, VIN2 (As Configured)
- Independent ON/OFF Control
- Outputs Configured for 5V and 1.8V (Configurable from 1.0V to 13.2V)
- Configured to 10A Output Current Capability (Both Outputs)
- 25mV Current Threshold Trip (10A)
- Demonstrates Unique Current Regulation Architecture
- Configurable Startup Timer
- Configurable Current Limits
- Configurable Output Overvoltage and Undervoltage Monitoring (Both Outputs)
- Evaluates MAX5918/MAX5919 with IC Replacement
- Surface-Mount Components
- Fully Assembled and Tested