Features and Benefits
- Ultra-Low Voltage Operation—Guaranteed Down to 1.8V
- 100µA Supply Current per Amplifier
- 500kHz Gain-Bandwidth Product
- 120dB Open-Loop Voltage Gain (RL = 100kΩ)
- 0.017% Total Harmonic Distortion Plus Noise (THD + N) at 1kHz
- Rail-to-Rail Input Common-Mode Range
- Rail-to-Rail Output Drives 2kΩ Load
- No Phase Reversal for Overdriven Inputs
- Unity-Gain Stable for Capacitive Loads up to 100pF
- 200µV Input Offset Voltage (MAX4292/MAX4294)
- Single in Small 5-Pin SC70
- Available in Ultra-Small Packages:
- 5-Pin SC70 (MAX4291)
- 8-Bump UCSP (MAX4292)
The MAX4291/MAX4292/MAX4294 family of micropower operational amplifiers operates from a 1.8V to 5.5V single supply or ±0.9V to ±2.75V dual supplies and has Rail-to-Rail input/output capabilities. These amplifiers provide a 500kHz gain-bandwidth product and 120dB open-loop voltage gain while using only 100µA of supply current per amplifier. The combination of low input offset voltage (±200µV) and high open-loop gain makes them ideal for low-power/low-voltage, high-precision portable applications.
The MAX4291/MAX4292/MAX4294 have an input common-mode range that extends to each supply rail, and their outputs swing to within 46mV of the rails with a 2kΩ load. Although the minimum operating voltage is specified at 1.8V, these devices typically operate down to 1.5V. The combination of ultra-low-voltage operation, rail-to-rail inputs/output, and low-power consumption makes these devices ideal for any portable/two-cell battery-powered system.
The single MAX4291 is offered in an ultra-small 5-pin SC70 package. The dual MAX4292 is offered in a space-saving 8-bump, 1.5mm x 1.5mm footprint, ultra chip-scale package (UCSP™).
- 2-Cell Battery-Operated Systems
- Automotive Sensors
- Base Station/Wireless Infrastructure
- Battery-Powered Applications
- Cell Phones
- Computers: Desktops, Workstations, and Servers
- Computers: Motherboards
- Computers: Notebook
- Digital Scales/Strain Gauges
- GPS Solutions
- MP3 Docking Stations: Mid Level
- Portable Electronic Equipment
- Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs)
- Sensor Amplifiers
- Set-Top Boxes
- Strain Gauges
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Documentation & Resources
MAX4292 Reliability Data1/12/2023144K
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Support & Discussions
Sample & Buy
See our Ordering FAQs for answers to questions about online orders, payment options and more.
Buy Now Pricing
(**) Displayed Buy Now Price and Price Range is based on small quantity orders.
(*)The 1Ku list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Please see the latest communication from our CCO regarding lead times.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.