Features and Benefits
- Available in Space-Saving UCSP, SOT23, and µMAX® Packages
- Low Distortion: 0.0002% THD (1kΩ load)
- 400µA Quiescent Supply Current per Amplifier
- Single-Supply Operation from 2.4V to 5.5V
- Input Common-Mode Voltage Range Includes Ground
- Outputs Swing Within 8mV of Rails with a 10kΩ Load
- 3MHz GBW Product, Unity-Gain Stable (MAX4250-MAX4254)
- 22MHz GBW Product, Stable with AV ≥ 10V/V (MAX4249/MAX4255/MAX4256/MAX4257)
- Excellent DC Characteristics
- VOS = 70µV
- IBIAS = 1pA
- Large-Signal Voltage Gain = 116dB
- Low-Power Shutdown Mode
- Reduces Supply Current to 0.5µA
- Places Outputs in a High-Impedance State
- 400pF Capacitive-Load Handling Capability
The MAX4249–MAX4257 low-noise, low-distortion operational amplifiers offer rail-to-rail outputs and single-supply operation down to 2.4V. They draw 400µA of quiescent supply current per amplifier while featuring ultra-low distortion (0.0002% THD), as well as low input voltage-noise density (7.9nV/) and low input current-noise density (0.5fA/). These features make the devices an ideal choice for portable/battery-powered applications that require low distortion and/or low noise.
For additional power conservation, the MAX4249/MAX4251/MAX4253/MAX4256 offer a low-power shutdown mode that reduces supply current to 0.5µA and puts the amplifiers' outputs into a high-impedance state. The MAX4249–MAX4257's outputs swing rail-to-rail and their input common-mode voltage range includes ground. The MAX4250–MAX4254 are unity-gain stable with a gain-bandwidth product of 3MHz. The MAX4249/MAX4255/MAX4256/MAX4257 are internally compensated for gains of 10V/V or greater with a gain-bandwidth product of 22MHz. The single MAX4250/MAX4255 are available in space-saving 5-pin SOT23 packages. The MAX4252 is available in an 8-bump chip-scale package (UCSP™) and the MAX4253 is available in a 10-bump UCSP. The MAX4250AAUK comes in a 5-pin SOT23 package and is specified for operation over the automotive (-40°C to +125°C) temperature range.
- ADC Buffers
- Automatic Test Equipment (ATE)
- Cardiac Monitor
- Digital Scales/Strain Gauges
- Displays: Industrial, Front Panel, and Instrumentation
- Industrial: Process Measurement and Control
- Medical Instrumentation
- PA Control
- Panel Meters
- Portable Battery-Powered Equipment
- Power Meters
- Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs)
- Wireless Communications Devices
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Documentation & Resources
MAX4252 Reliability Data1/12/2023204K
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Support & Discussions
Sample & Buy
See our Ordering FAQs for answers to questions about online orders, payment options and more.
Buy Now Pricing
(**) Displayed Buy Now Price and Price Range is based on small quantity orders.
(*)The 1Ku list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Please see the latest communication from our CCO regarding lead times.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.