Features and Benefits
- Wide BioZ Drive Current Range (55nA to 96μA) Allows for a Wide Impedance Measurement Range
- Can be Used in IEC 60601-2-47:2012 Compliant Systems
- Clinical-Grade ECG and BioZ AFE with High Resolution Data Converter
- 15.9 Bits ENOB with 3.1μVP-P (typ) Noise for ECG
- 17 Bits ENOB with 1.1μVP-P Noise for BioZ
- Better Dry Starts Due to Much Improved Real World CMRR and High Input Impedance
- Fully Differential Input Structure with CMRR > 100dB
- Offers Better Common-Mode to Differential Mode Conversion Due to High Input Impedance
- High Input Impedance > 1GΩ for Extremely Low Common-to-Differential Mode
- Minimum Signal Attenuation at the Input During Dry Start Due to High Electrode Impedance
- High DC Offset Range of ±650mV (1.8V, typ) Allows to Be Used with Wide Variety of Electrodes
- High AC Dynamic Range of 65mVP-P for ECG and ±90mV for BioZ Will Help Prevent Saturation in the Presence of Motion/Direct Electrode Hits
- Longer Battery Life Compared to Competing Solutions
- 85μW at 1.1V Supply Voltage for ECG
- 158μW at 1.1V Supply Voltage for BioZ
- Leads-On Interrupt Feature Allows to Keep the μC in Deep Sleep Mode Until Valid Lead Condition is Detected
- Lead-On Detect Current: 0.7μA (typ)
- Built-In Heart Rate Detection with Interrupt Feature Eliminates the Need to Run HR Algorithm on the μController
- Robust R-R Detection in High Motion Environment at Extremely Low Power
- Configurable Interrupts Allows the μC Wake-Up Only on Every Heart Beat Reducing the Overall System Power
- 32-Word ECG and 8-Word BioZ FIFOs Allows the MCU to Stay Powered Down for 256ms with Full Data Acquisition
- Shutdown Current of 0.6μA (typ)
The MAX30001G is a complete, biopotential and bioimpedance (BioZ), analog front-end (AFE) solution for wearable applications that is targeted for galvanic skin response (GSR) applications. This GSR channel has been optimized for use in consumer wearable applications where the users wants some indication of stress levels to be detected. The MAX30001G has a single biopotential channel providing electrocardiogram (ECG) waveforms plus a low-power integrated heart rate detection algorithm. The single bioimpedance channel is capable of measuring both respiration and galvanic skin resistance (GSR) and electrodermal activity (EDA).
The biopotential and bioimpedance channels have ESD protection, EMI filtering, internal lead biasing, DC leads-off detection, ultra-low-power, leads-on detection during standby mode, and extensive calibration voltages for built-in self-test. Soft power-up sequencing ensures no large transients are injected into the electrodes. Both channels also have high input impedance, low noise, high CMRR, programmable gain, various low-pass and high-pass filter options, and a high-resolution analog-to-digital converter. The biopotential channel is DC coupled, can handle large electrode voltage offsets and has a fast recovery mode to quickly recover from overdrive conditions, such as defibrillation and electro-surgery. The bioimpedance channel includes integrated programmable current drive, works with common electrodes, and has the flexibility for 2 or 4 electrode measurements. The bioimpedance channel also has AC lead-off detection.
The MAX30001 is available in a 30-bump wafer-level package (WLP), operating over the 0°C to +70°C commercial temperature range.
- Both Continuos and On-Demand ECG Applications
- Stress Monitoring Using GSR/EDA Techniques
- Single-Lead Event Monitors for Arrhythmia Detection
- Chest Band Heart Rate Monitors
- Wearable Fitness and Wellness Devices
Markets and Technologies
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The MAX30001G evaluation kit (EV kit) provides a single platform to evaluate the functionality and features of the MAX30001G with Biopotential (ECG and R-to-R) and Bioimpedance (BioZ) optimized for Galvanic Skin Response (GSR) measurement capabilities. The EV kit includes a MAX30001G evaluation kit (EV kit) and a MAX32630FTHR Cortex-M4F microcontroller for wearables. The MAX32630FTHR provides power to the MAX30001G EV kit and contains the firmware necessary to use the EV kit GUI program. The EV kit ships with jumpers installed and supply voltages set to typical operating values. Optional connections exist which can be shunted to make use of different functionalities.
This EV kit is not a medical device.
- Bio Authentication and ECG-On-Demand Applications
- Chest Band Heart Rate Monitors for Fitness Applications
- Impedance Based Heart Rate Detection
- Respiration and Hydration Monitors
- Single-Lead Event Monitors for Arrhythmia Detection
- Single-Lead Wireless Patches for In-Patient/Out-Patient Monitoring
Features & Benefits
- Convenient Platform to Evaluate the MAX30001G
- Many Easy-to-Reach Test Points
- Measure Individual Supply Currents
- Touchproof Cable Connectors
- Windows® 7/8/10 Compatible GUI software
- Fully Assembled and Tested
- Facilitates IEC 60601-2-47 Compliance Testing
- Ultra-Low-Power Design
Documentation & Resources
MAX30001G Companion Parts
Recommended Related Parts
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Support & Discussions
Sample & Buy
See our Ordering FAQs for answers to questions about online orders, payment options and more.
Buy Now Pricing
(**) Displayed Buy Now Price and Price Range is based on small quantity orders.
(*)The 1Ku list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Please see the latest communication from our CCO regarding lead times.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece.
Up to two boards can be purchased through Analog.com. To order more than two, please purchase through one of our listed distributors.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece. The USA list pricing shown is for budgetary use only, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit), and is subject to change. International prices may vary due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.