MAX20317: Universal 3.5mmØ Accessory Management IC Data Sheet (Rev. 0)10/5/2017955K
Features and Benefits
- Allows Wide Range of Applications by Supporting Universal 3.5mm Jack Types
- Auto-Configuration for CTIA and OMTP Headsets
- Supports MEMS Microphone
- 50mΩ Ground Switch
- Enables Long Utilization of Accessories by Supplying Power Through 3.5mm Jack
- Powered Accessory/Headset Detection
- Bypass Switch to Power Accessories, Such as ANC Headsets
- Programmable Button Detection in Powered Accessory Mode
- Empowers New Path in Data Communication to Accessories
- Power Line Communication by 3.5mm Jack
- Bidirectional Digital Data Communication in Power Mode
- Allow Emergence of New Accessory Types
- Provides Comfortable Sounds by Introducing Automatic Volume Adjustment
- Adaptive Volume Control Based on Precision Headset Impedance
- False Insertion Detection
- Saves Board Space with Small Form Factor
- 1.65mm x 2.05mm 4 x 5 Array 20-Bump 0.4mm Pitch WLP
The MAX20317 is an I2C controllable, universal 3.5mmØ accessory management IC. The device provides a universal jack interface solution, as well as a compact solution for the power management and interface control of a powered accessory, such as an active noise cancelling (ANC) headset.
The MAX20317 automatically measures headset impedance with a high precision, triple current source 8 bit ADC. After impedance detection, the device also detects when a headset is in a CTIA or OMTP configuration and automatically configures the SLEEVE and RING2 terminals to correctly connect the microphone and ground lines.
When a boost supply is applied, the MAX20317 can detect the presence of an ANC headset. When the ANC headset is detected and enabled, a button-press monitoring circuit activates and flags button presses by detecting the voltage drop across a sense resistor.
The MAX20317 provides a power line communication tool to a headset to exchange the data with the host device.
The MAX20317 has the two separate ground sense inputs from the SLEEVE and RING2 terminals of the connector to provide a high ground isolation to the audio codec.
The MAX20317 is available in a space-saving, 20-bump, 0.4mm pitch, 1.65mm x 2.05mm wafer-level package (WLP) and operates over the -40°C to +85°C extended temperature range.
- Notebook PCs
- Smart Phones
- Tablet PCs
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The MAX20317 evaluation kit (EV kit) is a fully assembled and tested circuit board that demonstrates the MAX20317 universal 3.5mm jack accessory management device. The EV kit comes with the MAX20317EWP+ installed.
- Tablet and Note Book PC
Features & Benefits
- 3V to 5.5V Operating Voltage Range
- Audio Jack for Accessory Plug In
- Proven PCB Layout
- Fully Assembled and Tested
Documentation & Resources
MAX20317 Reliability Data1/12/202344K
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Support & Discussions
Sample & Buy
See our Ordering FAQs for answers to questions about online orders, payment options and more.
Buy Now Pricing
(**) Displayed Buy Now Price and Price Range is based on small quantity orders.
(*)The 1Ku list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Please see the latest communication from our CCO regarding lead times.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.