Features and Benefits
- Wide Operating Range Reduces Development Time
- 8V to 60V Input-Voltage Range
- 3V to 56V Output-Voltage Range
- 120kHz to 1MHz Switching-Frequency Range
- -40°C to +125°C Temperature Range
- Integration Reduces Design Footprint
- Internal LDO for Bias-Supply Generation
- Synchronization Input
- Current-Monitor Output
- Robust Fault Protection Improves Quality and Simplifies System Design
- Adjustable Input Undervoltage Lockout
- Average and Cycle-by-Cycle Overcurrent Protection
- Input Undervoltage-Fault Protection
- Multiple Levels of Overvoltage Protection
- Thermal Shutdown
- Adjustable Slope Compensation
- Multiphase Support
- Small 5mm x 5mm, 32-pin TQFN, 0.5mm Pitch
The MAX15157B belongs to the family of MAX15157 4-switch, buck–boost controllers. MAX15157B drives two external MOSFETs in half-bridge buck configuration. The output voltage can be dynamically set through the 1V to 2.2V reference input (REFIN) for modular design support.
The switching frequency is controlled either through an external resistor that sets the internal oscillator frequency, or by synchronizing the regulator to an external clock. The device is designed to support 120kHz to 1MHz switching frequencies. The controller has a dedicated undervoltage-lockout pin (UVLO) and an accurate enable-input threshold for flexible power-sequence configuration. The controller also has multiple fault-protection circuits to protect against overcurrent (OCP), output overvoltage (OVP), input UVLO and thermal shutdown.
The MAX15157B features an adjustable internal compensation ramp. The device incorporates an accurate current-sense amplifier that reports output current through an analog output (IMON). The device allows single-phase or multiphase (up to four-phase) operation.
The device is footprint compatible with MAX15157 and is available in a 5mm x 5mm, 32-pin TQFN package and supports a -40°C to +125°C junction temperature range.
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The MAX15157B evaluation kit (EV kit) is a fully assembled and tested circuit board that contains all components necessary to evaluate the performance of the MAX15157B. The device is a high-efficiency step-down and/or step-up regulator. The EV kit is powered from a 15V to 60V DC supply. It is capable of delivering from 5V to 32V at 15A or 200W (max) and at a 600kHz switching frequency. Refer to the MAX15157B data sheet to set the switching frequency and input/output voltage ranges for the EV kit.
Features & Benefits
- 15V to 60V Input-Voltage Range (Changeable from 8V to 60V)
- 5V to 32V Output-Voltage Range (Changeable from 3V to 52V)
- Adjustable Slope Compensation Ramp
- Precision High-Side Current Sense for Output Current Monitor
- Multiphase Operation Up to 4 Phases
- Adjustable Switching Frequency: 120kHz to 1MHz Range
- External Switching Frequency Clock Synchronization
- External REFIN Input for Output Adjustment
- Hiccup Fault Protection for Overcurrent
- Thermal Shutdown
- POW-OK Output (Power-Good Output)
- Adjustable Input UVLO, and Output OVP Voltage
- Adjustable Soft-Start, and Soft-Stop
- Monotonic Startup into Prebiased Output
Documentation & Resources
Tools & Simulations
EE-Sim Power® Tools
The EE-Sim DC-DC Converter Tool uses your requirements to quickly create a complete power design including a schematic, BOM with commercially available parts, and time and frequency domain simulations. Your customized schematic can be downloaded for further analysis in the standalone EE-Sim OASIS Simulator, featuring SIMPLIS and SIMetrix SPICE engines.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
See our Ordering FAQs for answers to questions about online orders, payment options and more.
Buy Now Pricing
(**) Displayed Buy Now Price and Price Range is based on small quantity orders.
(*)The 1Ku list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece.
Up to two boards can be purchased through Analog.com. To order more than two, please purchase through one of our listed distributors.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece. The USA list pricing shown is for budgetary use only, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit), and is subject to change. International prices may vary due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.