Features and Benefits
- Three Independent 10A DC Output Current Regulator Channels
- Input Voltage Range: 4.7V to 16V
- 2.375V to 16V with External 5V Bias
- VOUT1,2 Voltage Range: 0.8V to 1.8V
- VOUT3 Voltage Range: 0.8V to 5.5V
- ±1.5% Maximum Total DC Output Error
- Current Mode Control/Fast Transient Response
- Frequency Synchronization
- Output Overvoltage and Overcurrent Protection
- Multiphase Operation with Current Sharing on VOUT1 and VOUT2
- General Purpose Temperature Monitors
- Soft-Start/Voltage Tracking
- Power Good Monitors
- 15mm × 15mm × 5.01mm BGA Package
The LTM4633 μModule® (power module) regulator combines three complete 10A switching mode DC/DC converters into one small package. Included in the package are the switching controllers, power FETs, inductors, and most support components. The LTM4633’s three regulators operate from 4.7V to 16V input rail(s) or 2.375V to 16V with an external 5V bias. The VOUT1 and VOUT2 output range is 0.8V to 1.8V, while the VOUT3 output range is 0.8V to 5.5V. Each output is set by one external resistor.
High switching frequency and a current mode architecture enable a very fast transient response to line and load changes without sacrificing stability. The device supports frequency synchronization, multiphase parallel operation of VOUT1 and VOUT2, soft-start and output voltage tracking for supply rail sequencing.
Fault protection features include overvoltage protection, overcurrent protection and temperature monitoring. The power module is offered in a space saving, thermally enhanced 15mm × 15mm × 5.01mm BGA package. The LTM4633 is RoHS compliant with Pb-free finish.
- Telecom, Networking and Industrial Equipment
- High Density Point of Load Regulation
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (2)
The Quad-MxFE System Development Platform contains four MxFE® software defined, direct RF sampling transceivers, as well as associated RF front-ends, clocking, and power circuitry. The target application is phased array radars, electronic warfare, and ground-based SATCOM, specifically a 16 transmit/16 receive channel direct sampling phased array at L/S/C band (0.1 GHz to ~5GHz). The Rx & Tx RF front-end has drop-in configurations that allow for customized frequency ranges, depending on the user’s application.
The Quad-MxFE System Development Platform highlights a complete system solution. It is intended as a testbed for demonstrating multi-chip synchronization as well as the implementation of system level calibrations, beamforming algorithms, and other signal processing algorithms. The system is designed to mate with a VCU118 Evaluation Board from Xilinx®, which features the Virtex® UltraScale+™ XCVU9P FPGA, with provided reference software, HDL code, and MATLAB system-level interfacing.
In addition to the Quad-MxFE Digitizing Card, the kit also contains a 16Tx / 16Rx Calibration Board that is used to develop system-level calibration algorithms, or otherwise more easily demonstrate power-up phase determinism in situations pertinent to their own use case. The Calibration Board also allows the user to demonstrate combined-channel dynamic range, spurious, and phase noise improvements and can also be controlled via a free MATLAB add-on when connected to the PMOD interface of the VCU118.
The system can be used to enable quick time-to-market development programs for applications like:
- ADEF (Phased-Array, RADAR, EW, SATCOM)
- Communications Infrastructure (Multiband 5G and mmWave 5G)
- Electronic Test and Measurement
Features & BenefitsQuad-MxFE Digitizing Card
- Multi-Channel, Wideband System Development Platform Using MxFE
- Mates With Xilinx VCU118 Evaluation Board (Not Included)
- 16x RF Receive (Rx) Channels (32x Digital Rx Channels)
- Total 16x 1.5GSPS to 4GSPS ADC
- 48x Digital Down Converters (DDCs), Each Including Complex Numerically-Controlled Oscillators (NCOs)
- 16x Programmable Finite Impulse Response Filters (pFIRs)
- 16x RF Transmit (Tx) Channels (32x Digital Tx Channels)
- Total 16x 3GSPS to 12GSPS DAC
- 48x Digital Up Converters (DUCs) , Each Including Complex Numerically-Controlled Oscillators (NCOs)
- Flexible Rx & Tx RF Front-Ends
- Rx: Filtering, Amplification, Digital Step Attenuation for Gain Control
- Tx: Filtering, Amplification
- On-Board Power Regulation from Single 12V Power Adapter (Included)
- Flexible Clock Distribution
- On-Board Clock Distribution from Single External 500MHz Reference
- Support for External Converter Clock per MxFE
- Mates to Quad-MxFE Digitizing Card & VCU118 PMOD Interface (Cable Included)
- Provides Both Individual Adjacent Channel Loopback and Combined Channel Loopback Options
- Combined Tx Channels Out Via SMA Option
- Combined Rx Channels In Via SMA Option
- On-Board Log Power Detectors With AD5592R Output To VCU118 Over PMOD
- On-Board Power Regulation from Single 12V Power Adapter (Included)
Easy Control Tools and Platform Interfaces to Simplify Software Framework Developments:
- IIO Oscilloscope GUI
- MATLAB Add-Ons & Example Scripts
- Example HDL Builds including JESD204b/JESD204c Bring-Up
- Embedded Software Solutions for Linux and Device Drivers
- MATLAB System Applications GUI
- Multi-Chip Synchronization for Power-Up Phase Determinism
- System-Level Amplitude/Phase Alignment Using NCOs
- Low-Latency ADC-to-DAC Loopback Bypassing JESD Interface
- pFIR Control for Broadband Channel-to-Channel Amplitude/Phase Alignment
- Fast-Frequency Hopping
- Calibration Board MATLAB Driver File
- FPGA Programming MATLAB Script
Demonstration circuit DC1905A features the LTM4633EY, a high efficiency, triple 10A step-down power μModule® regulator. The input voltage range is from 4.7V to 16V with common input source, or 2.375V to 16V with an external bias supply. The output voltage range is 0.8V to 1.8V for Channel 1 and Channel 2, 0.8V to 5.5V for Channel 3. Derating is necessary for certain VIN, VOUT, frequency and thermal conditions. The DC1905A offers access to the TRACK/SS pins allowing the user to program output tracking or soft-start period. The board operates in continuous conduction mode in heavy load conditions. For high efficiency at low load currents, the MODE jumper (JP4) selects pulse-skipping mode for noise sensitive applications or Burst-Mode® operation in less noise sensitive applications. Channel 1 and 2 can be connected in parallel for a single 20A output solution with optional jumper resistors.
Tools & Simulations
LTspice® is a powerful, fast and free simulation software, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of analog circuits.
To launch ready-to-run LTspice demonstration circuits for this part:
Step 1: Download and install LTspice on your computer.
Step 2: Click on the link in the section below to download a demonstration circuit.
Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link below, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting “Save Target As.” After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting ‘Open’ from the ‘File’ menu.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
LTpowerCAD® is a power supply design program which selects power stage components, provides detailed power efficiency, shows quick loop Bode plot stability and load transient analysis, and can export to LTspice for simulation.
To open the project file for this circuit:
Step 1: Download and install LTpowerCAD on your computer.
Step 2: Click on the link(s) in the section below to download part-specific project files.
Step 3: If the project file doesn't run, right-click the link and select "Save Target As." Then start the LTpowerCAD tool and open the project file by selecing "Open Project" from the "File" menu.
Design tools for the following parts are available in LTpowerCAD:
Product Selector Card (3)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.