Features and Benefits
- RS485/RS422 Transceiver: 6500VRMS for 1 Minute
- Reinforced Insulation
- Isolated DC Power: 5V at 200mA
- No External Components Required
- 20Mbps or Low EMI 250kbps Data Rate
- High ESD: ±15kV HBM on Transceiver Interface
- High Common Mode Transient Immunity: 50kV/μs
- Integrated Selectable 120Ω Termination
- Extended Creepage and Clearance ~14.6mm
- 1.62V to 5.5V Logic Supply Pin for Flexible Digital Interface
- Maximum Continuous Working Voltage: 690VRMS
- High Input Impedance Failsafe RS485 Receiver
- Current Limited Drivers and Thermal Shutdown
- Compatible with TIA/EIA-485-A and PROFIBUS
- High Impedance Output During Internal Fault Condition
- Low Current Shutdown Mode (< 10μA)
- General Purpose CMOS Isolated Channel
- 22mm × 9mm × 5.16mm Surface Mount BGA Package
The LTM2885 is a complete galvanically isolated full-duplex RS485/RS422 μModule® (micromodule) transceiver. No external components are required. A single supply powers both sides of the interface through an integrated, isolated, low noise, efficient 5V output DC/DC converter.
Coupled inductors and an isolation power transformer provide 6500VRMS of isolation between the line transceiver and the logic interface. This device is ideal for systems where the ground loop is broken allowing for large common mode voltage variation. Uninterrupted communication is guaranteed for common mode transients up to 50kV/μs.
Maximum data rates are 20Mbps or 250kbps in slew limited mode. Transmit data, DI, and receive data, RO, are implemented with event driven low jitter processing. The receiver has a one-eighth unit load supporting up to 256 nodes per bus. A logic supply pin allows easy interfacing with different logic levels from 1.62V to 5.5V, independent of the main supply.
Enhanced ESD protection allows this part to withstand up to ±15kV (human body model) on the transceiver interface pins to isolated supplies and ±25kV through the isolation barrier to logic supplies without latch-up or damage.
- Isolated RS485/RS422 Interface
- Industrial Networks
- Breaking RS485 Ground Loops
- Isolated PROFIBUS-DP Networks
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (1)
Demonstration circuit 1794A is an isolated RS485/RS422 μModule® transceiver + power featuring the LTM2885. The demo circuit is a 6500VRMS galvanically isolated RS485/ RS422 transceiver interface. The demo circuit features an EMI optimized circuit configuration and printed circuit board layout. The demo circuit operates from a single external supply on VCC. The part generates the output voltage VCC2 and communicates all necessary signaling across the isolation barrier using LTC’s isolator μModule technology.
Tools & Simulations
LTM2885 Companion Parts
Recommended Related Parts
Safety and Regulatory Compliance (1)
Press Releases (1)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.