New Content (1)
Features and Benefits
- RS232 Transceiver: 2500VRMS for 1 Minute
- UL-CSA Recognized File #E151738
- CSA Component Acceptance Notice 5A
- Isolated DC Power: 5V at Up to 200mA
- No External Components Required
- 1.62V to 5.5V Logic Supply for Flexible Digital Interfacing
- High Speed Operation
- 1Mbps for 250pF/3kΩ Load
- 250kbps for 1nF/3kΩ Load
- 100kbps for 2.5nF/3kΩ TIA/EIA-232-F Load
- 3.3V (LTM2882-3) or 5V (LTM2882-5) Operation
- No Damage or Latchup to ±10kV HBM ESD on Isolated RS232 Interface or Across Isolation Barrier
- High Common Mode Transient Immunity: 30kV/μs
- Maximum Continuous Working Voltage: 560VPEAK
- True RS232 Compliant Output Levels
- 15mm × 11.25mm BGA and LGA Packages
The LTM2882 is a complete galvanically isolated dual RS232 μModule® (micromodule) transceiver. No external components are required. A single 3.3V or 5V supply powers both sides of the interface through an integrated, isolated DC/DC converter. A logic supply pin allows easy interfacing with different logic levels from 1.62V to 5.5V, independent of the main supply.
Coupled inductors and an isolation power transformer provide 2500VRMS of isolation between the line transceiver and the logic interface. This device is ideal for systems with different grounds, allowing for large common mode voltages. Uninterrupted communication is guaranteed for common mode transients greater than 30kV/μs.
This part is compatible with the TIA/EIA-232-F standard. Driver outputs are protected from overload and can be shorted to ground or up to ±15V without damage. An auxiliary isolated digital channel is available. This channel allows configuration for half-duplex operation by controlling the DE pin.
Enhanced ESD protection allows this part to withstand up to ±10kV (human body model) on the transceiver interface pins to isolated supplies and across the isolation barrier to logic supplies without latch-up or damage.
- Isolated RS232 Interface
- Industrial Communication
- Test and Measurement Equipment
- Breaking RS232 Ground Loops
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (4)
Safety and Regulatory Compliance (1)
Press Releases (1)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.