Features and Benefits
- Improved Direct Replacement for AD7543 and DAC-8143
- Low Cost
- DNL and INL Over Temperature: ±0.5LSB
- Easy, Fast and Flexible Serial Interface
- Daisy-Chain 3-Wire Interface for Multiple DAC Systems (LTC8143)
- 1LSB Maximum Gain Error Over Temperature Eliminates Adjustment
- Asynchronous Clear Input for Initialization
- Four-Quadrant Multiplication
- Low Power Consumption
- 16-Pin PDIP and SO Packages
The LTC7543/LTC8143 are serial-input 12-bit multiplying digital-to-analog converters (DACs). They are superior pin compatible replacements for the AD7543 and DAC-8143. Improvements include better accuracy, better stability over temperature and supply variations, lower sensitivity to output amplifier offset, tighter timing specifications and lower output capacitance.
An easy-to-use serial interface includes an asynchronous CLEAR input for systems requiring initialization to a known state. The LTC8143 has a serial data out put to allow daisy-chaining multiple DACs on a 3-wire interface bus.
These DACs are extremely versatile. They can be used for 2-quadrant and 4-quadrant multiplying, programmable gain and single supply applications, such as noninverting voltage output and biased or offset ground mode.
Parts are available in 16-pin PDIP and SO packages and are specified over the extended industrial temperature range, −40°C to 85°C.
- Process Control and Industrial Automation
- Remote Microprocessor-Controlled Systems
- Digitally Controlled Filters and Power Supplies
- Programmable Gain Amplifiers
- Automatic Test Equipment
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.