Features and Benefits
- Qualified for Automotive Applications
- Monitors Up to 12 Li-Ion Cells in Series (60V Max)
- Stackable Architecture Enables > 1000V Systems
- 1% Maximum Overvoltage Detection Level Error
- Adjustable Overvoltage and Undervoltage Detection
- Self Test Features Guarantee Accuracy
- Robust Fault Detection Using Differential Signals
- Simple Pin-Strapped Configuration Allows Battery Monitoring without a Microcontroller
- 15.5ms to Monitor All Cells in a System
- Programmable Response Time
- Two Temperature Monitor Inputs
- Low Power Idle Mode
- 36-Lead SSOP Package
The LTC6801 is a multicell battery monitoring IC incorporating a 12-bit ADC, a precision voltage reference, sampled comparator, and a high voltage input multiplexer. The LTC6801 can monitor as many as 12 series connected battery cells for overvoltage, undervoltage, and overtemperature conditions, indicating whether the cells are within specified parameters. The LTC6801 generates a clock output when no fault conditions exist. Differential clocking provides high noise immunity and ensures that battery stack fault conditions cannot be hidden by frozen bits or short circuit conditions.
Each LTC6801 can operate with a battery stack voltage up to 60V and multiple LTC6801 devices can be stacked to monitor each individual cell in a long battery string. When multiple devices are stacked, the status signal of each LTC6801 can be daisy-chained, without opto-couplers or isolators, providing a single status output for the entire battery string.
The LTC6801 is configurable by external pin strapping. Adjustable overvoltage and undervoltage thresholds support various Li-Ion chemistries. Selectable measurement times allow users to save power.
- Redundant Battery Monitor
- Hybrid Electric Vehicles
- Battery Backup Systems
- Power Systems Using Multiple Battery Cells
Product Lifecycle Not Recommended for New Designs
This designates products ADI does not recommend broadly for new designs.
Evaluation Kits (1)
Product Selector Card (1)
Product Selection Guide (1)
Press Releases (1)
Technical Articles (1)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.