Features and Benefits
- 500MHz –3dB Bandwidth with 1pF Input Capacitance
- Differential Output
- Built-In High-Speed ADC Driver with Output MUX
- 20kΩ Transimpedance Gain
- 4.5pA/√Hz Input Current Noise Density 500MHz (1pF)
- 69nARMS Integrated Input-Referred Current Noise Over 500MHz (1pF)
- Large Linear Input Current Range 0μA to 90μA
- Large Overload Current > –400mA Peak
- Fast Overload Recovery
- Fast Channel Switchover: 10ns
- Single 3.3V Supply
- Power Dissipation: 191mW to 324mW, Varies with Output Mode
- Up to 2VP-P Output Swing on 50Ω Differential Load
- Output MUX Combines Multiple 4-Channel Devices to Create 8, 12, 16 ... 32 Channel Solutions
- 3mm × 5mm, 24-Lead QFN Package, Wettable Flanks
The LTC6563 is a low-noise four-channel transimpedance amplifier (TIA) with 500MHz bandwidth. The LTC6563 TIA’s low noise, wide linear range, and low power dissipation are ideal for LIDAR receivers using Avalanche photodiodes (APDs) and photodiodes (PDs). The amplifier features 20kΩ transimpedance gain and 90μA linear input current range. Using an APD with a total input capacitance of 1pF, the input current noise density is 4.5pA/√Hz at 500MHz. The LTC6563 consumes between 191mW and 324mW on a 3.3V supply depending on output mode. An internal 4-to-1 MUX simplifies the system design. In addition, external multiplexing capability allows channel expansion up to 64 channels, saving space and power. Fast overload recovery and fast channel switchover make the LTC6563 well suited for LIDAR receivers with multiple APDs. The built-in high-speed differential ADC driver can swing as much as 2VP-P on a 50Ω differential load. Separate built-in termination resistors ease output multiplexing.
The LTC6563 is packaged in a 3mm × 5mm 24-pin exposed pad QFN package for thermal management and low inductance.
- Automotive LIDAR Receiver
- Industrial LIDAR Receiver
Markets and Technologies
Product Lifecycle Pre-Release
This product is new and engineering validation may still be underway. Quantities may be limited and design specifications may change while we ready the product for release to production.
Tools & Simulations
LTspice® is a powerful, fast and free simulation software, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of analog circuits.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.