New Content (1)
Features and Benefits
- Ultra Low Voltage Noise: 0.88nV/√Hz
- Low Distortion at High Speeds:
- HD2/HD3 < −100dBc (Av = +1, 4VP-P, 2MHz, RL = 1kΩ)
- High Slew Rate: 500V/μs
- GBW = 890MHz
- –3dB Frequency (AV = +1): 730MHz
- Input Offset Voltage: 250μV Max Across Temperature
- Offset Drift :0.4μV/°C
- Input Common Mode Range Includes Negative Rail
- Output Swings Rail-to-Rail
- Supply Current: 16mA/Channel Typ
- Shutdown Supply Current = 500µA
- Operating Supply Range: 2.8V to 11.75V
- Large Output Current: 80mA Min
- Very High Open Loop Gain: 5.6V/μV (135dB), RL = 1kΩ
- Operating Temp Range: –40°C to 125°C
- Singles in 8-Lead SOIC, TSOT-23, DC-6, Duals in DD10, MS8
The LTC6228/LTC6229 are single/dual very fast, low noise rail-to-rail output, unity gain stable op amps. They have a gain-bandwidth product of 890MHz and a slew rate of 500V/μs. The low input referred voltage noise of only 0.88nV/√Hz and low distortion performance of better than −100dB at 4VP-P even for large signals as fast as 2MHz make them ideal for applications that require high dynamic range and deal with high slew rate signals, such as driving A/D converters. Additional features include Shutdown and the ability to enable/disable internal bias current cancellation to optimize noise performance.
The combination of low offset, low offset drift, high gain and high CMRR make the LTC6228 family the superior choice for wide dynamic range applications.
The LTC6228 family maintains excellent performance for supply voltages of 2.8V to 11.75V and the devices are specified at supplies of 3V, 5V and 10V(±5V). With an input range extending to the negative rail and an output range that encompasses the entire supply range, the operational amplifier can accommodate wide swinging signals, and single supply operation.
For space constrained PCB layouts, the LTC6228 is available in a 2mm × 2mm DFN and the LTC6229 is available in a 3mm × 3mm DFN. The amplifiers are also available in conventional leaded packages. These amplifiers can be used as improved replacements for many high speed op amps to improve speed, noise, distortion and dynamic range.
- Optical Electronics: Fast Transimpedance Amplifiers
- Driving High Dynamic Range A/D Converters
- Active Filters
- Video Amplifiers
- High Speed Differential to Single-Ended Conversion
- Low Voltage Hi-Fi Amplification
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.