Features and Benefits
- 300MHz to 6GHz Operating Frequency
- Wide IF Bandwidth: DC to 1GHz (–1dB Bandwidth)
- High Mixer IIP3: 30dBm at 1.9GHz
- High Total OIP3: 40dBm at 1.9GHz
- High Total OIP2: 74dBm at 1.9GHz
- User Adjustable OIP2 to 80dBm
- User Adjustable Image Rejection to 60dB
- User Adjustable DC Offset Null
- Serial Interface
- Power Conversion Gain: 7.7dB at 1.9GHz
- 31dB RF Attenuator with 1dB Step Size
- RF Switch with 40dB Isolation at 1.9GHz
- Single-Ended RF Inputs with On-Chip Transformer
- IF Amplifier Gain Adjustable in 8 Steps
- Operating Temperature Range (TC): –40°C to 105°C
- 32-Lead 5mm × 5mm QFN Package
The LTC5586 is a direct conversion quadrature demodulator optimized for high linearity zero-IF and low-IF receiver applications in the 300MHz to 6GHz frequency range. The very wide IF bandwidth of more than 1GHz makes the LTC5586 particularly suited for demodulation of very wide-band signals, especially in Digital Pre-Distortion (DPD) applications. The outstanding dynamic range of the LTC5586 makes the device suitable for demanding infrastructure direct conversion applications. Proprietary technology inside the LTC5586 provides the capability to optimize OIP2 to 80dBm, and achieve image rejection better than 60dB. The DC offset control function allows nulling of the DC offset at the A/D converter input, thereby optimizing the dynamic range of true zero-IF receivers that use DC coupled IF signal paths. The wide-band RF and LO input ports make it possible to cover all the major wireless infrastructure frequency bands using a single device. The IF outputs of the LTC5586 are designed to interface directly with most common A/D converter input interfaces. The high OIP3 and high conversion gain of the device eliminate the need for additional amplifiers in the IF signal path.
- 4G and 5G Base Station Receivers
- Wideband DPD Receivers
- Point-To-Point Broadband Radios
- High Linearity Direct Conversion I/Q Receivers
- Image Rejection Receivers
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (1)
Demonstration circuit 2349A showcases the LTC5586 wideband high linearity IQ demodulator with IF amplifier. The DC590B USB serial controller is required to control and configure LTC5586 for its evaluation.
Tools & Simulations
ADIsimRF is an easy-to-use RF signal chain calculator. Cascaded gain, noise, distortion and power consumption can be calculated, plotted and exported for signal chains with up to 50 stages. ADIsimRF also includes an extensive data base of device models for ADI’s RF and mixed signal components.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.