UltraFast™ 7ns Response Time 15GHz RF Power Detector with Comparator
Features and Benefits
- Temperature Compensated Internal Schottky Diode RF Detector
- Wide Input Frequency Range: 300MHz to 7GHz*
- Wide Input Power Range: –32dBm to 10dBm
- Buffered Detector Output with External Gain Control
- Precision VOUT Offset Control
- Low Starting Voltage: 120mV ±35mV for Gain = 2x
- Wide VCC Range of 2.7V to 6V
- Low Operating Current: 500µA
- Available in a Low Profile (1mm) SOT-23 Package and Tiny 6-Lead (2mm x 2mm) DFN Package
The LTC5532 is an RF power detector for RF applications operating in the 300MHz to 7GHz range. A temperature compensated Schottky diode peak detector and buffer amplifier are combined in a small ThinSOT™ or (2mm x 2mm) DFN package. The supply voltage range is optimized for operation from a single lithium-ion cell or 3x NiMH.
The RF input voltage is peak detected using an on-chip Schottky diode. The detected voltage is buffered and supplied to the VOUT pin.
The LTC5532 output buffer gain is set via external resistors. The initial starting voltage of 120mV ±35mV can be precisely adjusted using the VOS pin.
The LTC5532 operates with RF input power levels from –32dBm to 10dBm
- 802.11a, 802.11b, 802.11g, 802.15
- Multimode Mobile Phone Products
- Optical Data Links
- Wireless Data Modems
- Wireless and Cable Infrastructure
- RF Power Alarm
- Envelope Detector
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Tools & Simulations
LTspice® is a powerful, fast and free simulation software, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of analog circuits.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.