New Content (1)
Features and Benefits
- 1:4 2-Wire Multiplexer/Switch
- Connect SDA and SCL Lines with 2-Wire Bus Commands
- Supply Independent Bidirectional Buffer for SDA and SCL Lines Increases Fan-Out
- Programmable Disconnect from Stuck Bus
- Compatible with I2C and SMBus Standards
- Rise Time Accelerator Circuitry
- SMBus Compatible ALERT Response Protocol
- Two General Purpose Inputs-Outputs
- Prevents SDA and SCL Corruption During Live Board
- Insertion and Removal from Backplane
- ±10kV Human Body Model ESD Ruggedness
- 24-Lead QFN (4mm × 5mm) and SSOP Packages
The LTC4306 is a 4-channel, 2-wire bus multiplexer with bus buffers to provide capacitive isolation between the upstream bus and downstream buses. Through software control, the LTC4306 connects the upstream 2-wire bus to any desired combination of downstream buses. Each channel can be pulled up to a supply voltage ranging from 2.2V to 5.5V, independent of the LTC4306 supply voltage.The downstream channels are also provided with ALERT1-ALERT4 inputs for fault reporting.
Programmable timeout circuitry disconnects the downstream buses if the bus is stuck low. When activated, rise time accelerators source currents into the 2-wire bus pins to reduce rise time. Driving the ENABLE pin low restores all features to their default states. Three address pins provide 27 distinct addresses.
The LTC4306 is available in 24-lead QFN (4mm × 5mm) and SSOP packages.
- Nested Addressing
- 5V/3.3V Level Translator
- Capacitance Buffer/Bus Extender
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Press Releases (1)
Technical Articles (2)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.