Features and Benefits
- Bidirectional Switching Regulator Makes Optimal Use of Limited Power Available from USB Port and also Provides a 5V Output for USB On-The-Go
- Overvoltage Protection Guards Against Damage
- 180mΩ Internal Ideal Diode Plus Optional External Ideal Diode Controller Seamlessly Provides Low Loss PowerPath When Input Power is Limited or Unavailable
- Instant-On Operation with Discharged Battery
- Full Featured Li-Ion/Polymer Battery Charger
- Bat-Track™ Adaptive Output Control For Efficient Charging
- 1.2A Max Input Current Limit
- 1.2A Max Charge Current with Thermal Limiting
- Battery Float Voltage: 4.2V (LTC4160), 4.1V (LTC4160-1)
- Low Battery Powered Quiescent Current (8μA)
- 20-pin 3mm × 4mm × 0.75mm QFN Package
The LTC4160/LTC4160-1 are high efficiency power management and Li-Ion/Polymer battery charger ICs. They each include a bidirectional switching PowerPath™ controller with automatic load prioritization, a battery charger, and an ideal diode.
The LTC4160/LTC4160-1’s bidirectional switching regulator transfers nearly all of the power available from the USB port to the load with minimal loss and heat which eases thermal constraints in small spaces. These devices feature a precision input current limit for USB compatibility and Bat-Track output control for efficient charging. In addition, the ICs can also generate 5V at 500mA for USB On-The-Go applications.
An overvoltage circuit protects the LTC4160/LTC4160-1 from high voltage damage on the USB/wall adapter inputs with an external N-channel MOSFET and a resistor.
The LTC4160/LTC4160-1 are available in a 3mm × 4mm × 0.75mm QFN surface mount package.
- Media Players and Personal Navigation Devices
- Digital Cameras, PDAs, Smart Phones
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (2)
DC1463A-A: Demo Board for the LTC4160 Switching Power Manager with USB On-The-Go And Overvoltage Protection.
Product Selector Card (1)
Press Releases (1)
Technical Articles (1)
Sample & Buy
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece.
Up to two boards can be purchased through Analog.com. To order more than two, please purchase through one of our listed distributors.