Features and Benefits
- Charges Single-Cell Li-Ion/Polymer Battery from Wall Adapter and USB Inputs
- Automatic Input Detection (Wall Adapter Input has Charging Priority)
- Charge Current Programmable up to 1.2A from Wall Adapter Input
- Programmable Charge Current Termination
- NTC Thermistor Input for Temperature Qualified Charging
- Independent DC, USB Charge Current Programming
- Preset Float Voltage with ±0.6% Accuracy
- Thermal Regulation Maximizes Charge Rate Without Risk of Overheating*
- Charge Status Output
- Automatic Recharge
- 20µA Charger Quiescent Current in Shutdown
- Available in a Thermally Enhanced, Low Proﬁle (0.75mm) 12-Lead (3mm × 2mm) DFN Package
The LTC4097 is a standalone linear battery charger that is capable of charging a single-cell Li-Ion or Li-Polymer battery from both wall adapter and USB inputs. The charger can detect power at the inputs and automatically select the appropriate power source for charging.
No external sense resistor or blocking diode is required for charging due to the internal MOSFET architecture. Internal thermal feedback regulates the battery charge current to maintain a constant die temperature during high power operation or high ambient temperature conditions. The float voltage is fixed at 4.2V and the charge current is programmed with an external resistor. The LTC4097 terminates the charge cycle when the charge current drops below the user programmed termination threshold after the final float voltage is reached. The LTC4097 can be put into shutdown mode reducing the DCIN supply current to 20µA, the USBIN supply current to 10µA, and the battery drain current to less than 2µA even with power applied to both inputs.
Other features include trickle charge, automatic recharge, undervoltage lockout, charge status output, an NTC thermistor input used to monitor battery temperature and VNTC power present output with 120mA drive capability.
- Cellular Telephones
- MP3 Players
- Portable Handheld Devices
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
LTC4097 Companion Parts
Recommended Related Parts
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.