Features and Benefits
- Complete Linear Charger in 2mm × 2mm DFN Package
- C/10 Charge Current Detection Output
- Timer Charge Termination
- Charge Current Programmable Up to 750mA with 5% Accuracy
- No External MOSFET, Sense Resistor or Blocking Diode Required
- NTC Thermistor Input for Temperature Qualified Charging
- Preset 4.4V Float Voltage with 0.6% Accuracy
- Constant-Current/Constant-Voltage Operation with Thermal Feedback to Maximize Charge Rate Without Risk of Overheating
- Charge Current Monitor Output for Gas Gauging
- Automatic Recharge
- Charges Single-Cell Li-Ion Batteries Directly from USB Port
- 20µA Supply Current in Shutdown Mode
- Soft-Start Limits Inrush Current
- Tiny 6-Lead (2mm × 2mm) DFN Package
The LTC4069-4.4 is a complete constant-current/constant-voltage linear charger for high capacity single-cell lithium-ion batteries with a 4.4V float voltage. The 2mm × 2mm DFN package and low external component count make the LTC4069-4.4 especially well-suited for portable applications. Furthermore, LTC4069-4.4 is specifically designed to work within USB power specifications.
The CHRG pin indicates when charge current has dropped to ten percent of its programmed value (C/10). An internal timer terminates charging according to battery manufacturer specifications.
No external sense resistor or blocking diode is required due to the internal MOSFET architecture. Thermal feedback regulates charge current to limit the die temperature during high power operation or high ambient temperature conditions.
When the input supply (wall adapter or USB supply) is removed, the LTC4069-4.4 automatically enters a low current state, dropping battery drain current to less than 1µA. With power applied, LTC4069-4.4 can be put into shutdown mode, reducing the supply current to less than 20µA.
The LTC4069-4.4 also includes automatic recharge, lowbattery charge conditioning (trickle charging), soft-start (to limit inrush current) and an NTC thermistor input used to monitor battery temperature.
The LTC4069-4.4 is available in a tiny 6-lead, low profile (0.75mm) 2mm × 2mm DFN package.
- Wireless PDAs
- Cellular Phones
- Portable Electronics
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
LTC4069-4.4 Companion Parts
Recommended Related Parts
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Support & Discussions
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.