Features and Benefits
- PMBus/I2C Compliant Serial Interface
- Telemetry Read-Back IncludesVIN, IIN, VOUT, IOUT, Temperature and Faults
- Programmable Voltage, Current Limit, Digital Soft-Start/Stop, Sequencing, Margining, OV/UV/OC, Frequency, and Control Loop Compensation
- Output Error Less Than ±0.5% Over Temperature
- Integrated 16-Bit ADC and 12-Bit DAC
- Integrated High Side Current Sense Amplifier
- Internal EEPROM with ECC and Fault Logging
- Integrated N-Channel MOSFET Gate Drivers
- WideVIN Range: 5Vto 60V
- VOUT0, VOUT1 Range: 1V to 40V
- Analog Current Mode Control
- Accurate PolyPhase® Current Sharing for Up to 6 Phases (85kHzt o 500kHz)
- Available in a 52-Lead (7mm× 8mm) QFN Package
The LTC3889 is a dual PolyPhase DC/DC synchronous step-down switching regulator controller with I2C-based PMBus compliant serial interface. This controller employs a constant-frequency, current-mode architecture, with high voltage input and output capability along with programmable loop compensation. The LTC3889 is supported by the LTpowerPlay™ software development tool with graphical user interface (GUI).
The EXTVCC pin supports voltages up to 14V allowing for optimized circuit efficiency and die temperature, and for the controller output to supply the chip power. Switching frequency, output voltage, and device address can be programmed both by digital interface as well as external configuration resistors. Parameters can be set via the digital interface or stored in EEPROM. Both outputs have an independent power good indicator and FAULT function.
The LTC3889 can be configured for discontinuous (pulseskipping) mode or continuous inductor current mode.Applications
- Telecom, Datacom, and Storage Systems
- Industrial and Point of Load Applications
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.