Features and Benefits
- Supports 7-Bit IMVP-6/IMVP-6.5 VID Code and Features
- Wide VIN Range: 4.5V to 36V Operation with Optional Line Feedforward Compensation
- tON(MIN) < 35ns, Capable of Very Low Duty Cycle
- Temperature Compensated Inductor DCR or Sense Resistor Output Current Monitoring
- Differential Remote Output Voltage Sensing with Programmable Active Voltage Positioning
- Phase-Lockable Fixed Frequency: 150kHz to 550kHz
- Programmable UVLO, Preset VOUT at Boot-Up
- Programmable Slow Slew Rate Sleep State Exit
- Internal LDO for Single Supply Operation
- Overvoltage and Overcurrent Protection
- PWRGD and VRTT# Thermal Throttling Flags
- Power Optimization During Sleep and Light Load
- 38-Pin Thermally Enhanced eTSSOP and 5mm × 7mm QFN Packages
The LTC3816 is a single-phase synchronous step-down DC/DC switching regulator controller that drives N-channel power MOSFETs in a constant-frequency voltage mode architecture. The controller’s leading edge modulation topology allows extremely low output voltages and supports a phase-lockable switching frequency up to 550kHz. The output voltage is programmed using a 7-bit VID code.
The LTC3816 features all of the IMVP-6/IMVP-6.5 requirements, including start-up to a preset boot voltage, differential remote output voltage sensing with programmable active voltage positioning, IMON output current reporting, power optimization during sleep state, and fast or slow slew rate sleep state exit.
Fault protection features include input undervoltage lockout, cycle-by-cycle current limit, output overvoltage protection, and PWRGD and overtemperature flags.
- Embedded Computing
- Mobile Computers, Internet Devices
- Navigation Displays
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Tools & Simulations
LTspice® is a powerful, fast and free simulation software, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of analog circuits.
To launch ready-to-run LTspice demonstration circuits for this part:
Step 1: Download and install LTspice on your computer.
Step 2: Click on the link in the section below to download a demonstration circuit.
Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link below, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting “Save Target As.” After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting ‘Open’ from the ‘File’ menu.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.