Features and Benefits
- 3-Phase Controller with Onboard MOSFET Drivers
- ±5% Output Current Matching Optimizes Thermal Performance and Size of Inductors and MOSFETs
- 4.5V </= VCC </= 7V; 4.5V </= VIN </= 32V
- Differential Amplifier Accurately Senses VOUT
- Reduced Input and Output Capacitance
- Reduced Power Supply Induced Noise
- VID DAC Programmable from 1.1V to 1.85V (VRM9.0/9.1)
- ±10% Power Good Output Indicator
- 250kHz to 600kHz Per Phase, PLL, Fixed Frequency
- PWM, Stage Shedding™ or Burst Mode® Operation
- OPTI-LOOP® Compensation Minimizes COUT
- Adjustable Soft-Start Current Ramping
- Short-Circuit Shutdown Timer with Defeat Option
- Overvoltage Soft Latch
- Small 36-Lead Narrow (0.209 inch) SSOP Package
- QFN 5mm x 7mm 38-Lead Package
The LTC3732 is a PolyPhase® synchronous step-down switching regulator controller that drives all N-channel external power MOSFET stages in a phase-lockable fixed frequency architecture. The 3-phase controller drives its output stages with 120° phase separation at frequencies of up to 600kHz per phase to minimize the RMS current losses in both the input and output filter capacitors. The 3-phase technique effectively triples the fundamental frequency, improving transient response while operating each controller at an optimal frequency for high efficiency and ease of thermal design. Light load efficiency is optimized by using a choice of output Stage Shedding or Burst Mode technology.
A differential amplifier provides true remote sensing of both the high and low side of the output voltage at load points.
Soft-start and a defeatable, timed short-circuit shutdown protect the MOSFETs and the load. A foldback current circuit also provides protection for the external MOSFETs under short-circuit or overload conditions.
- Desktop Computers
- High Performance Notebook Computers
- High Output Current DC/DC Power Supplies
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Tools & Simulations
LTspice® is a powerful, fast and free simulation software, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of analog circuits.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.