Features and Benefits
- 3-Phase Current Mode Controller with Onboard MOSFET Drivers
- ±5% Output Current Match Optimizes Thermal Performance and Size of Inductors and MOSFETs
- Operational Amplifier Accomodates Mode Switching
- ±1% VREF Accuracy Over Temperature
- Reduced Input and Output Capacitance
- Reduced Power Supply Induced Noise
- VOUT Programmable from 0.6V to 1.75V (IMVP III)
- ±10% Power Good Output Indicator
- 250kHz to 600kHz Per Phase, PLL, Fixed Frequency
- PWM, Stage Shedding™ or Burst Mode® Operation
- OPTI-LOOP® Compensation Minimizes COUT
- Adjustable Soft-Start Current Ramping
- 4V, VIN,Undervoltage RUN/SS Reset/Reattempt Circuit
- Short-Circuit Shutdown Timer with Defeat Option
- Overvoltage Soft Latch
- Small 36-Lead Narrow (0.209”) SSOP Package
The LTC3730 is a PolyPhase® synchronous step-down switching regulator controller that drives all N-channel external power MOSFET stages in a phase-lockable fixed frequency architecture. The 3-phase controller drives its output stages with 120° phase separation at frequencies of up to 600kHz per phase to minimize the RMS losses in both the input and output filter capacitors. The 3-phase technique effectively triples the fundamental frequency, improving transient response while operating each controller at an optimal frequency for efficiency and ease of thermal design. Light load efficiency is optimized by using a choice of output Stage Shedding or Burst Mode technology.
An internal operational amplifier provides mode selectable output voltage programming in conjunction with the internal VID voltage control DAC.
Soft-start and a defeatable, timed short-circuit shutdown protect the MOSFETs and the load. Current foldback provides protection for the external MOSFETs under short-circuit or overload conditions.
- Tablet Computers
- High Performance Notebook Computers
- High Output Current DC/DC Power Supplies
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.