Features and Benefits
- True Current Mode with Ultrafast Transient Response
- Stable with Ceramic COUT
- tON(MIN) < 100ns for Operation from High Input Ranges
- Supports Active Voltage Positioning
- No Sense Resistor Required
- 5-Bit VID Programmable Output Voltage: 0.6V to 1.75V
- Dual N-Channel MOSFET Synchronous Drive
- Programmable Output Offsets
- Power Good Output Voltage Monitor
- Wide VIN Range: 4V to 36V
- ±1% 0.6V Reference
- Adjustable Frequency
- Programmable Soft-Start
- Output Overvoltage Protection
- Optional Short-Circuit Shutdown Timer
- Forced Continuous Control Pin
- Logic Controlled Micropower Shutdown: IQ ≤ 30μA
- Available in 0.209" Wide 28-Lead SSOP Package
The LTC3714 is a synchronous step-down switching regulator controller for CPU power. An output voltage between 0.6V and 1.75V is selected by a 5-bit code (Intel mobile VID specification). The controller uses a constant on-time, valley current control architecture to deliver very low duty cycles without requiring a sense resistor. Operating frequency is selected by an external resistor and is compensated for variations in VIN and VOUT.
Discontinuous mode operation provides high efficiency operation at light loads. A forced continuous control pin reduces noise and RF interference and can assist secondary winding regulation by disabling discontinuous mode when the main output is lightly loaded. Internal op amp allows programmable offsets to the output voltage during power saving modes.
Fault protection is provided by internal foldback current limiting, an output overvoltage comparator and optional short-circuit shutdown timer. Soft-start capability for supply sequencing is accomplished using an external timing capacitor. The regulator current limit level is user programmable. Wide supply range allows operation from 4V to 36V at the input.
- Power Supply for Mobile Pentium® Processors and Transmeta Processors
- Notebook and Portable Computers
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Tools & Simulations
LTspice® is a powerful, fast and free simulation software, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of analog circuits.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.