Features and Benefits
- Quad I2C Adjustable High Efficiency Step Down DC/DC Converters: 2.5A, 2.5A, 1.5A, 1.5A
- Three 300mA LDO Regulators (Two Adjustable)
- DDR Power Solution with VTT and VTTR Reference
- Pushbutton ON/OFF Control with System Reset
- Independent Enable Pin-Strap or I2C Sequencing
- Programmable Autonomous Power-Down Control
- Dynamic Voltage Scaling
- Power Good and Reset Functions
- Selectable 2.25MHz or 1.12MHz Switching Frequency
- Always Alive 25mA LDO Regulator
- 12µA Standby Current
- Low Profile 40-Lead 6mm × 6mm QFN and 48-Lead Exposed Pad LQFP Packages
- AEC-Q100 Qualified for Automotive Application
The LTC3676 is a complete power management solution for advanced portable application processor-based systems. The device contains four synchronous step-down DC/DC converters for core, memory, I/O, and system on-chip (SoC) rails and three 300mA LDO regulators for low noise analog supplies. The LTC3676-1 has a ±1.5A buck regulator configured to support DDR termination plus a VTTR reference output. An I2C serial port is used to control regulator enables, power-down sequencing, output voltage levels, dynamic voltage scaling, operating modes and status reporting.
Regulator start-up is sequenced by connecting outputs to enable pins in the desired order or via the I2C port. System power-on, power-off and reset functions are controlled by pushbutton interface, pin inputs, or I2C.
The LTC3676 supports i.MX, PXA and OMAP processors with eight independent rails at appropriate power levels. Other features include interface signals such as the VSTB pin that toggles between programmed run and standby output voltages on up to four rails simultaneously. The device is available in a 40-lead 6mm × 6mm QFN and 48-lead exposed pad LQFP packages.
- Supports Freescale i.MX6, ARM Cortex, and Other Application Processors
- Handheld Instruments and Scanners
- Portable Industrial and Medical Devices
- Automotive Infotainment
- High End Consumer Devices
- Multi-Rail Systems
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (2)
Demonstration circuit 1976A-B is a multioutput power supply with a pushbutton controller and I2C, featuring the LTC3676EUJ-1. The LTC3676EUJ-1 has four synchronous buck regulators (1.5A x 2 and 2.5A x 2), an always-on LDO (25mA) and three 100mA LDO regulators. One buck is configured to provide 1/2VIN at 1.5A for DDR memory needs. The 2.7V to 5.5V input voltage range of the LTC3676EUJ-1 is ideal for single-cell Li-Ion/Polymer battery applications.
Demonstration circuit 1976A-A is a multioutput power supply with a pushbutton controller and I2C, featuring the LTC3676EUJ. The LTC3676EUJ has four synchronous buck regulators (1.5A x 2 and 2.5A x 2), an always-on LDO (25mA) and three 100mA LDO regulators. The 2.7V to 5.5V input voltage range of the LTC3676EUJ is ideal for single-cell Li-Ion/Polymer battery applications.
Tools & Simulations
Linduino is Analog Devices’ Arduino compatible system for developing and distributing firmware libraries and example code for our integrated circuits. Each Linduino-supported product includes an example main program, defined in the LTSketchbook/Part Number folder and driver code, defined in the LTSketchbook/libraries folder.
Reference Designs (1)
NXP (Freescale) NOVPEK i.MX6Q/D
NXP (Freescale) NOVPEK i.MX6Q/D
Features & Benefits
- Analog Devices has worked closely with FPGA and processor manufacturers to develop verified power solutions that optimize cost, size and efficiency in high performance applications
- Our reference designs are supported by an intuitive design tool set and IP
- Our team can provide designs for quick prototypes that can speed time to market in the most complex applications
LTC3676 Companion Parts
Recommended Related Parts
Solutions Bulletins & Brochures (1)
Press Releases (1)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.