Features and Benefits
- Four Monolithic Synchronous Buck DC/DCs (1A/1A/500mA/500mA)
- Buck DC/DCs Can Be Paralleled to Deliver Up to 2× Current with a Single Inductor
- Independent 1A Boost and 1A Buck-Boost DC/DCs
- Dual String I2C Controlled 40V LED Driver
- I2C Programmable Output Voltage, Operating Mode, and Switch Node Slew Rate for All DC/DCs
- I2C Read Back of DC/DC, LED Driver, Fault Status
- I2C Slave Address Options: LTC3675 = 0001001X, LTC3675-1 = 0110100X
- Maskable Interrupts to Report DC/DC, VIN and Die Temperature Faults
- Pushbutton ON/OFF/RESET
- Always-On 25mA LDO
- Low Quiescent Current: 16μA (All DC/DCs Off)
- 4mm × 7mm × 0.75mm 44-Lead QFN Package
The LTC3675/LTC3675-1 are a digitally programmable high efficiency multioutput power supplies plus dual string LED driver ICs optimized for high power single cell Li-Ion/Polymer applications. The DC/DCs consist of four synchronous buck converters (1A/1A/500mA/500mA), one synchronous boost DC/DC (1A), and one buck-boost DC/DC (1A) all powered from a 2.7V to 5.5V input. The 40V LED driver can regulate up to 25mA of current through two LED strings with up to 10 LEDs each. The LED driver may also be configured as a general purpose high voltage boost converter.
DC/DC enables, output voltages, switch slew rates and operating modes may all be independently programmed over I2C or used in standalone mode via simple I/O and power-up defaults. The buck DC/DCs may be used independently or paralleled to achieve higher output currents with a shared inductor. LED enable, 60dB brightness control and up/down gradation are programmed using I2C. Alarm levels for low VIN and high die temperature may also be programmed via I2C with a maskable interrupt output to monitor DC/DC and system faults.
Pushbutton ON/OFF/RESET control and a power-on reset output provide flexible and reliable power-up sequencing. The LTC3675/LTC3675-1 are available in a low profile (0.75mm), thermally enhanced 44-lead 4mm × 7mm QFN package.
- High Power (5W to 10W) Single Cell Li-Ion/Polymer Applications
- Portable Industrial Applications, Handy Terminals, Portable Instruments
- Multioutput Low Voltage Power Supplies
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (1)
Demonstration circuit 1607 is a multioutput power supply with a pushbutton controller and a dual string LED driver featuring the LTC3675. The LTC3675 operates from a 2.7V to 5.5V input voltage range and has four synchronous buck regulators (1A × 2, 0.5A × 2), a buck-boost regulator (1A), a boost regulator (1A power switch), plus an always-on LDO regulator. The buck regulators may be combined together to create a higher power buck regulator with a single inductor.
The LED boost driver can drive two strings of up to 10 LEDs at up to 25mA each, two strings of 5 LEDs at up to 50mA each, or be configured as a fixed high voltage boost regulator.
Product Selector Card (1)
Press Releases (1)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.