Features and Benefits
- Triple Output Supply From a Single 2.9V to 5.5V Input
- Buck DC/DC: Fixed 1.2V Output, Up to 400mA
- LDO1: Fixed 2.8V Output, Up to 150mA
- LDO2: Fixed 1.8V Output, Up to 150mA
- ±2.5% Reference Accuracy
- Constant-Frequency 2.25MHz Operation
- Minimum External Component Count
- Current Mode Operation for Excellent Line and Load Transient Response
- Internal Soft-Start for Each Output
- Single Enable Pin Turns On/Shuts Down All Three Outputs
- Tiny 2mm × 2mm × 0.75mm DFN Package
The LTC3672B-2 is a triple power supply composed of a 400mA synchronous buck regulator and two 150mA low-dropout linear regulators (LDOs). Constant-frequency 2.25MHz operation is maintained down to very light loads. The input supply range of 2.9V to 5.5V is especially well-suited for single-cell Lithium-Ion and Lithium-Polymer applications, and for powering low voltage ASICs from 3.3V or 5V rails.
The LTC3672B-2 regulates 1.2V at the buck output, 2.8V at the LDO1 output, and 1.8V at the LDO2 output. External component count is minimal—all that is needed is a single inductor, an input capacitor, and output capacitors for each of the three outputs. Control loop compensation is internal to the LTC3672B-2.
The LTC3672B-2 is available in a 2mm × 2mm × 0.75mm 8-Lead DFN package.
|Buck VOUT||LDO 1||LDO 2|
- DMB and DVB-H Cellphones
- Handheld Products (PDA, PMP, GPS)
- Multivoltage Power for Digital Logic, I/O, FPGAs, CPLDs, ASICs, CPUs, and RF Chipsets
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Tools & Simulations
LTspice® is a powerful, fast and free simulation software, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of analog circuits.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.