Features and Benefits
- 12μA Standby Mode Quiescent Current (All Outputs On)
- Seamless Transition Between Input Power Sources: Li-Ion/Polymer Battery and USB
- 240mΩ Internal Ideal Diode Provides Low Loss PowerPath™
- High Efficiency 200mA Buck Regulator
- Always-On 150mA Low Dropout (LDO) Linear Regulator
- Pushbutton On/Off Control With System Reset
- Full Featured Li-Ion/Polymer Battery Charger
- Programmable Charge Current With Thermal Limiting
- Instant-On Operation With Discharged Battery
- 3mm × 3mm × 0.75mm 20-Pin QFN Package
The LTC3553-2 is a micropower, highly integrated power management and battery charger IC for single-cell Li-Ion/Polymer battery applications. It includes a PowerPath manager with automatic load prioritization, a battery charger, an ideal diode and numerous internal protection features. Designed specifically for USB applications, the LTC3553-2 power manager automatically limits input current to a maximum of either 100mA or 500mA. Battery charge current is automatically reduced such that the sum of the load current and the charge current does not exceed the selected input current limit. The LTC3553-2 also includes a synchronous buck regulator, an always-on low dropout linear regulator (LDO), and a pushbutton controller. With all supplies enabled in standby mode, the quiescent current drawn from the battery is only 12μA. The LTC3553-2 is available in a 3mm × 3mm × 0.75mm 20-pin QFN package.
|Options||LDO||PGOOD||Hard Reset Time|
|LTC3553||ON/OFF Control||No||5 seconds|
|LTC3553-2||Always On||Yes||14 seconds|
- USB-Based Handheld Products
- Portable Li-Ion/Polymer Based Electronic Devices
- Wearable Electronics
- Low Power Medical Devices
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.