Features and Benefits
- High Efficiency: Up to 95%
- Very Low Quiescent Current: Only 10µA During Operation
- 600mA Output Current at VIN = 3.3V
- 2.65V to 6V Input Voltage Range
- 1.4MHz Constant Frequency Operation
- No Schottky Diode Required
- Low Dropout Operation: 100% Duty Cycle
- Synchronizable from 1MHz to 1.7MHz
- Selectable Burst Mode® Operation or Pulse Skipping Mode
- 0.8V Reference Allows Low Output Voltages
- Shutdown Mode Draws < 1µA Supply Current
- ±2% Output Voltage Accuracy
- Current Mode Control for Excellent Line and Load Transient Response
- Overcurrent and Overtemperature Protected
- Available in 8-Lead MSOP Package
The LTC3404 is a high efficiency monolithic synchronous buck regulator using a constant frequency, current mode architecture. Supply current during operation is only 10µA and drops to < 1µA in shutdown. The 2.65V to 6V input voltage range makes the LTC3404 ideally suited for single Li-Ion battery-powered applications. 100% duty cycle provides low dropout operation, extending battery life in portable systems.
Switching frequency is internally set at 1.4MHz, allowing the use of small surface mount inductors and capacitors. For noise sensitive applications the LTC3404 can be externally synchronized from 1MHz to 1.7MHz. Burst Mode operation is inhibited during synchronization or when the SYNC/MODE pin is pulled low, preventing low frequency ripple from interfering with audio circuitry.
The internal synchronous switch increases efficiency and eliminates the need for an external Schottky diode. Low output voltages are easily supported with the 0.8V feedback reference voltage. The LTC3404 is available in a space saving 8-lead MSOP package.
For higher input voltage (11V abs max) applications, refer to the LTC1877 data sheet.
- Cellular Telephones
- Wireless and DSL Modems
- Personal Information Appliances
- Portable Instruments
- Distributed Power Systems
- Battery-Powered Equipment
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Tools & Simulations
LTspice® is a powerful, fast and free simulation software, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of analog circuits.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
LTpowerCAD® is a power supply design program which selects power stage components, provides detailed power efficiency, shows quick loop Bode plot stability and load transient analysis, and can export to LTspice for simulation.
Design tools for the following parts are available in LTpowerCAD:
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.