Features and Benefits
- Battery Input Voltage Range: 1.8V to 5.5V
- 100nA Quiescent Current
- 8 Primary Battery Peak Input Current Limits: 5mA/10mA/15mA/20mA/25mA/50mA/75mA/100mA
- SOH Monitor for Primary Battery
- Integrated Coulomb Counter (Q)
- Additional Monitors for Battery Voltage (V), Battery Impedance (Z), and Temperature (T)
- Primary Battery Current (BAT_IN) or Load Current (BAT_OUT) is Counted
- Integrated ±10mA Supercapacitor Balancer
- Programmable Coulomb Counter Prescaler for Wide Range of Battery Sizes
- Programmable Discharge Alarm Threshold with Interrupt Output
- I2C Interface
- Tiny 12-Lead 2mm × 2mm LFCSP
The LTC3337 is a primary battery state of health (SOH) monitor with a built-in precision coulomb counter. It is designed to be placed in series with a primary battery with minimal associated series voltage drop. The patented infinite dynamic range coulomb counter tallies ALL accumulated battery discharge and stores it in an internal register accessible via an I2C interface. A discharge alarm threshold based on this state of charge (SOC) is programmable. When it is reached, an interrupt is generated at the IRQ pin. Coulomb counter accuracy is constant down to no load.
The LTC3337 also integrates additional SOH monitoring which measures and reports via I2C: battery voltage, battery impedance, and temperature.
To accommodate a wide range of primary battery inputs, the peak input current limit is pin selectable from 5mA to 100mA.
Coulombs can be calculated for either the BAT_IN or BAT_OUT pin, determined by the AVCC pin connection.
A BAL pin is provided for applications utilizing a stack of two supercapacitors (optional) at the output.
The LTC3337 is offered in a 12-lead 2mm × 2mm LFCSP package.
- Low Power Primary Battery Powered Systems
(e.g., 1× LiSOCl2, 2–3× Alkaline)
- Remote Industrial Sensors (e.g., Meters, Alarms) Asset Trackers
- Electronic Door Locks
- Keep-Alive Supplies/Battery Backup SmartMesh® Applications
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.