Features and Benefits
- Pin Compatible with LTC3307(3A) and LTC3309(6A)
- High Efficiency: 8mΩ NMOS, 31mΩ PMOS
- Programmable Frequency 3MHz to 10MHz
- Tiny Inductor and Capacitors
- Peak Current Mode Control
- 22ns Minimum On-Time
- Wide Bandwidth, Fast Transient Response
- Silent Switcher® Architecture
- Ultralow EMI Emissions
- Low Ripple Burst Mode®Operation with IQ of 40μA
- Safely Tolerates Inductor Saturation in Overload
- VIN Range: 2.25V to 5.5V
- VOUT Range: 0.5V to VIN
- VOUT Accuracy: ±1% Over Temperature Range
- Precision 400mV Enable Threshold, 1μA in Shutdown
- Power Good, Internal Compensation and Soft-Start
- Thermally Enhanced 2mm × 2mm LQFN Package
- AEC-Q100 Qualified for Automotive Applications
The LTC3308B is a very small, high efficiency, low noise, monolithic synchronous 4A step-down DC/DC converter operating from a 2.25V to 5.5V input supply. Using constant frequency, peak current mode control at switching frequencies 3MHz to 10MHz and minimum on-time as low as 22ns, this regulator achieves fast transient response with small external components. Silent Switcher architecture minimizes EMI emissions.
The LTC3308B operates in forced continuous or pulse-skipping mode for low noise, or low-ripple Burst Mode operation for high efficiency at light loads, ideal for battery-powered systems. The IC regulates output voltages as low as 500mV. Other features include output overvoltage protection, short-circuit protection, thermal shutdown, clock synchronization, and up to 100% duty cycle operation for low dropout.
The LTC3308B is available in a low profile 12-lead 2mm × 2mm × 0.74mm LQFN package with exposed pad for low thermal resistance.
- Optical Networking, Servers, Telecom
- Automotive, Industrial, Communications
- Distributed DC Power Systems (POL)
- FPGA, ASIC, μP Core Supplies
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Tools & Simulations
LTspice® is a powerful, fast and free simulation software, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of analog circuits.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
LTpowerCAD® is a power supply design program which selects power stage components, provides detailed power efficiency, shows quick loop Bode plot stability and load transient analysis, and can export to LTspice for simulation.
Design tools for the following parts are available in LTpowerCAD:
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.