Features and Benefits
- Low Noise Charge Pump Provides High Efficiency with Automatic Mode Switching
- Multimode Operation: 1x, 1.5x, 2x
- Individual Full-Scale Current Set Resistors
- Up to 500mA Total Output Current
- Single Wire EN/Brightness Control for MAIN and CAM LEDs
- 64:1 Linear Brightness Control Range for MAIN Display
- Four 25mA Low Dropout MAIN LED Outputs
- One 400mA Low Dropout CAM LED Output
- Low Noise Constant-Frequency Operation
- Low Shutdown Current: 3μA
- Internal Soft-Start Limits Inrush Current During Startup and Mode Switching
- Open/Short LED Protection
- No Inductors
- 3mm × 3mm × 0.75mm 16-Lead Plastic QFN Package
The LTC3210-1 is a low noise charge pump DC/DC converter designed to drive four MAIN LEDs and one high current CAM LED for camera lighting. The LTC3210-1 requires only four small ceramic capacitors and two current set resistors to form a complete LED power supply and current controller.
Built-in soft-start circuitry prevents excessive inrush current during start-up and mode changes. High switching frequency enables the use of small external capacitors. Independent MAIN and CAM full-scale current settings are programmed by two external resistors.
Shutdown mode and current output levels are selected via two logic inputs. ENM and ENC are toggled to adjust the LED currents via internal counters and DACs. A 6-bit linear DAC (64 steps) provides high resolution brightness control for the MAIN display.
The charge pump optimizes efficiency based on the voltage across the LED current sources. The part powers up in 1x mode and will automatically switch to boost mode whenever any enabled LED current source begins to enter dropout. The LTC3210-1 is available in a 3mm × 3mm × 0.75mm 16-lead QFN package.
- Multi-LED Light Supply for Cell Phones/DSCs/PDAs
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Tools & Simulations
LTspice® is a powerful, fast and free simulation software, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of analog circuits.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Support & Discussions
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.