Features and Benefits
- 1x/1.5x/2x Charge Pump Provides Up to 95% Efﬁciency
- Up to 1A Total Output Current
- 17 Current Sources Available as MAIN, SUB, RGB, CAM and AUX LED Drivers
- LED ON/OFF, Brightness Level and Display Conﬁguration Programmable Using 2-Wire I2C™ Interface
- Low Noise Constant Frequency Operation with Flying Capacitor Edge Rate Control
- Automatic Charge Pump Mode Switching
- Internal Soft-Start Limits Inrush Current During
- Startup and Mode Switching
- Open/Shorted LED Protection
- Short-Circuit/Thermal Protection
- 256 Brightness States for MAIN and SUB Displays
- 4096 Color Combinations for the RGB Display
- 5mm × 5mm 32-Lead QFN Plastic Package
The LTC3208 is a highly integrated multidisplay LED controller. The part contains a 1A high efﬁ ciency, low noise charge pump to provide power to the MAIN, SUB, RGB, CAM and AUX LED displays. The LTC3208 requires only 4 small ceramic capacitors and one current set resistor to form a complete LED power supply and current controller.
The maximum display currents are set by a single external resistor. Current for each LED is controlled by a precision internal current source. Dimming and On/Off for all displays is achieved via the I2C serial interface. 256 brightness levels are available for the MAIN and SUB displays. 16 levels are available for the RGB and CAM displays. Four AUX current sources can be independently assigned via the I2C port to the CAM, SUB, MAIN or AUX DAC controlled displays.
The LTC3208 charge pump optimizes efﬁ ciency based on the voltage across the LED current sources. The part powers up in 1x mode and will automatically switch to boost mode whenever any enabled LED current source begins to enter dropout. The ﬁ rst dropout switches the part into 1.5x mode and a subsequent dropout switches the LTC3208 into 2x mode. The part is available in a small 5mm × 5mm 32-lead QFN package.
- Video/Camera Phones with QVGA + Displays
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.