Features and Benefits
- Low Noise, Multi-Mode Charge Pump (1x, 1.5x, 2x) Provides Up to 91% Efficiency
- Slew Limited Switching Reduces Conducted and Radiated Noise (EMI)
- Up to 600mA Total Output Current
- Twelve 28mA Universal Current Sources with 64-Step Linear Brightness Control
- 425mA CAM LED Current Source with 16-Step Linear Brightness Control and 2-Second High Current Safety Timer
- Independent On/Off, Brightness Level, Blinking and Gradation Control for Each Current Source Using 2-Wire I2C Interface
- Internal Current Reference
- Two I2C Addresses are Available (LTC3207 00110110, LTC3207-1 00110100)
- Configurable ENU Pin for Asynchronous LED On/Off Control
- Automatic or Forced Mode Switching
- Internal Soft-Start Limits Inrush Current
- Short-Circuit/Thermal Protection
- 4mm × 4mm 24-Pin QFN Plastic Package
The LTC3207/LTC3207-1 are highly integrated multi-display LED drivers. The device contains a high-efficiency, low-noise charge pump to provide power to 12 universal LED current sources and one camera LED current source. The LTC3207/LTC3207-1 require only five small ceramic capacitors to form a complete LED power supply and current controller. In addition there are two I2C addresses available.
The display currents are set by an internal precision current reference. Independent dimming, On/Off, blinking and gradation control for all universal current sources is achieved via the I2C serial interface. 6-bit linear DACs are available for adjusting brightness levels for each universal LED current source. The CAM current source has a 4-bit linear DAC to adjust brightness.
The LTC3207/LTC3207-1 charge pumps optimize efficiency based on the voltage across the LED current sources. The device powers-up in 1x mode and will automatically switch to boost mode whenever any enabled LED current source begins to enter dropout. The first dropout switches the IC into 1.5x mode and a subsequent dropout switches the LTC3207/LTC3207-1 into 2x mode. The device resets to 1x mode whenever a data register is updated via the I2C port.
- Video Phones with QVGA+ Displays
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (2)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.