Features and Benefits
- Simultaneously Monitors Four Supplies
- 16 User Selectable Combinations of 5V, 3.3V, 3V, 2.5V, 1.8V, 1.5V and/or ±Adjustable Voltage Thresholds
- Guaranteed Threshold Accuracy: ±1.5% of Monitored Voltage Over Temperature
- Selectable Supply Tolerance: 5%, 7.5%, 10%, 12.5% Below Monitored Voltage
- Low Supply Current: 43µA Typ
- Adjustable Reset Time
- RESET Disable Pin for Margining Applications
- Open-Drain RST Output (LTC2902-1)
- Push-Pull RST Output (LTC2902-2)
- Individual Nondelayed Monitor Outputs for Each Supply
- Power Supply Glitch Immunity
- Guaranteed RESET for VCC ≥ 1V
The LTC2902 is a programmable supply monitor for systems with up to four supply voltages. One of 16 preset or adjustable voltage monitor combinations can be selected using an external resistor divider connected to the program pin. The preset voltage thresholds are digitally programmable to 5%, 7.5%, 10% or 12.5% below the nominal operating voltage, and are accurate to 1.5% over temperature. All four voltage comparator outputs are connected to separate pins for individual supply monitoring.
The reset delay time is adjustable using an external capacitor. Tight voltage threshold accuracy and glitch immunity ensure reliable reset operation without false triggering. The RST output is guaranteed to be in the correct state for VCC down to 1V and may be disabled during supply margin testing. The LTC2902-1 features an open-drain RST output, while the LTC2902-2 has a push-pull RST output.
The 43µA supply current makes the LTC2902 ideal for power conscious systems and the part may be configured to monitor less than four inputs. The LTC2902-1/LTC2902-2 are available in the 16-lead narrow SSOP package.
- Desktop and Notebook Computers
- Multivoltage Systems
- Telecom Equipment
- Portable Battery-Powered Equipment
- Network Servers
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Tools & Simulations
LTspice® is a powerful, fast and free simulation software, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of analog circuits.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.