Features and Benefits
- Per channel programmable output current ranges: 300 mA, 200 mA, 100 mA, 50 mA, 25 mA, 12.5 mA, 6.25 mA, and 3.125 mA
- Flexible 2.1 V to VCC output supply voltages
- Flexible single- or dual-supply operation
- 0.6 V maximum dropout voltage guaranteed
- Separate voltage supply per output channel
- Internal switches to optional negative supply
- Full 12-bit and 16-bit resolution at all ranges
- Guaranteed operation −40°C to 125°C (H-grade)
- Precision internal reference (10 ppm/°C maximum VREF temperature coefficient) or external reference
- Analog multiplexer monitors voltages and currents
- A/B toggle via SPI or dedicated pin
- 1.71 V to VCC digital input and output supply voltage
- 32-lead lead frame chip scale package (LFCSP)
The LTC2672 is a family of five-channel, 12-/16-bit current source, digital-to-analog converters (DACs) that provide five high compliance, current source outputs with guaranteed 0.6 V dropout at 200 mA. There are eight current ranges that are programmable per channel with full-scale outputs of up to 300 mA. The channels can be paralleled to allow either ultrafine adjustments of large currents or combined outputs of up to 1.5 A. A dedicated supply pin is provided for each output channel. Each channel can be operated from 2.1 V to VCC, and internal switches allow any output to be pulled to the optional negative supply. The LTC2672 includes a precision integrated 1.25 V reference (10 ppm/°C maximum), with the option to use an external reference. The serial peripheral interface (SPI)-compatible, 3‑wire serial interface operates on logic levels as low as 1.71 V and at clock rates as high as 50 MHz.
Note that throughout this data sheet, multifunction pins, such as CS/LD, are referred to by the entire pin name or by a single function of the pin.
- Tunable lasers
- Semiconductor optical amplifier biasing
- Resistive heaters
- Current mode biasing
Comparable Parts Click to see all in Parametric Search
DAC INL (max)
DAC DNL (max)
Data Input Interface
−60mA to 0mA, −60mA to 300mA, 100mA, 140mA, 150mA, 200mA, 250mA, 300mA, 45mA, 55mA
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The DC2903A is a fully featured evaluation board that evaluates the LTC2672, a five-channel, current source output digital-to-analog converter (DAC).
The DC2903A is controlled through a serial peripheral interface (SPI) from the J1 connector. The SPI signals are sent from the DC2026C controller board through the ribbon cable that is connected to the DC2903A.
The DC2903A uses QuikEval evaluation software to provide an intuitive graphical user interface (GUI) that configures and controls the LTC2672 using the SPI interface.
The LTC2672 is used for various current mode biasing applications such as tunable lasers or resistive heaters. The output current ranges are software selectable, and each channel is routed to the DC2903A MUX pin for external monitoring.
For full specifications on the LTC2672, see the LTC2672 data sheet, which must be consulted in conjunction with the DC2903A user guide when using the DC2903A.
Features & Benefits
- Fully featured evaluation board for the LTC2672
- QuikEval evaluation software compatible
- Sample Arduino code compatible
Tools & Simulations
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.